MP1 ($3.93) 79bb
      MP2 ($1.90) 38bb
      CO ($3.13) 63bb
      Hero (BTN) ($5) 100bb
      SB ($8.55) 171bb
      BB ($2.26) 45bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 8 players) Hero is BTN 10:club: Q:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: 8:club: Q:spade: J:spade: ($0.32, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.51, BB calls $0.41
      call?

Turn: 6:spade: ($1.34, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

River: 4:heart: ($1.64, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25
      67/13/16h
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not raise larger than 0.35$. With KQ I don´t mind making it 0.5$ and then playing for stacks, but with marginal hand I would rather not play for stacks. I would also call down turn and river- you´re often ahead, but raising for value would be too thin

best regards,
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I would not raise larger than 0.35$. With KQ I don´t mind making it 0.5$ and then playing for stacks, but with marginal hand I would rather not play for stacks. I would also call down turn and river- you´re often ahead, but raising for value would be too thin

best regards,
      but 0.35$ gives him great odds?
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      But $0.5 gives you reverse implied odds maybe?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nipbourne
      Hi,

best regards,
      His flop leading range isn´t always draws and often hand like KsTs, Asxs or 8sxs has the same equity as your tp hand- also he may lead small with his two pair hands or better Qx hands, so I would not really try to build big pot with marginal hand. Thats why I would rather raise small and then bet half pot on the turn to then take my free showdown. This way I protect my hand against draws and get value from worse Qx and Jx hands

best regards,
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Hi,

best regards,
      His flop leading range isn´t always draws and often hand like KsTs, Asxs or 8sxs has the same equity as your tp hand- also he may lead small with his two pair hands or better Qx hands, so I would not really try to build big pot with marginal hand. Thats why I would rather raise small and then bet half pot on the turn to then take my free showdown. This way I protect my hand against draws and get value from worse Qx and Jx hands

best regards,
      i think i'm raising the flop for value, he is very loose, he would call with any Qx/Jx/FD/GS
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

best regards,

best regards,
      i think i'm raising the flop for value, he is very loose, he would call with any Qx/Jx/FD/GS
      if you´re raising for value, then I don´t mind, although players would mostly not call big raises with just gutshots