SB ($51.57)
      BB ($85.76)
      UTG ($50.69)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      Hero ($50.75)
      BTN ($14.50)

UTG+1 posts $0.50

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 checks, Hero raises to $2, fold, SB raises to $6.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $15, SB raises to $51.57 (AI), Hero calls $35.75 (AI)

FLOP ($102) K:diamond: 6:heart: 2:diamond:

TURN ($102) K:diamond: 6:heart: 2:diamond: J:spade:

RIVER ($102) K:diamond: 6:heart: 2:diamond: J:spade: 3:spade:

Viilain 18/15/4.3 3bet 8 , only 155 hands

I don't have any specific reads, only played against him today. I meant to make my 4bet 28BB but i misstyped. Once i 4bet i must call, but can I ever fold here to his 3bet. I don't want to call as I don't know his tendencies postflop. Ingame I thought he would 3bet bluff me due to the poster.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dudiloiu,

You are opening 4bb, he is 3betting much bigger than normally people do. So yeah, we can easily fold here, especially being vs rather nitty player. Rather say even easy fold than difficult one.

Also who said that we can't turn our hand into bluff? Gimme the range you think he is going broke there.

Best Regards.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Is this not standard going broke? HERO oR 4bb's as someone posts utg, SB 3b's our really wide isoR. I think SB 3b sizing is ok. Do you thing villian is getting in a tighter range than QQ+ AK?
    • PokerPro
      PokerPro
      Bronze
      Hey, I don't think that villian just has nuts in his range QQ+,AK. We have a fast blind poster UTG and we make it 4bb as default. Furthemore we raise from the cut off and not from UTG.

I can see him to make this play next to his nuts with AJ,AQ, TT,JJ. If that is the case we are not the underdog anymore.

What is about calling IP and playing the flop? If we 4bet we are going to isolate us against nuts and make weaker hands to fold. That is why I don't like a 4bet here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by peche025
      Is this not standard going broke? HERO oR 4bb's as someone posts utg, SB 3b's our really wide isoR. I think SB 3b sizing is ok. Do you thing villian is getting in a tighter range than QQ+ AK?
      Well, doubt that the guy is going to fight back there very loose whilst also having the other loose guy in the pot. Especially being so far super-nitty I'd say. So it's not really standard without any specific information on the guy.