[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - Check out this interesting hand!

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Heyhey,

Preflop: No sqz cause they both fold 100% to 3bets. Also the fish folds 5/5 to 3bets/ I prefer to keep all dominated hands in their ranges.

Flop
      I donk. Why? To balance that I always donk with sets firstly. Secondly CO will never CB with air so I already protect my hand and bet for value vs the fish.

turn:
      part 1: I check. Why? Because there is no worse hand calling
      part 2: I think CO has AT/AJ/QK almost always and mostly QK with this big bet. I don't get the odds and neither the implied odds... because it's so obv that I'm drawing if I check/Call and shove on a diamond

Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1854938
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $50.11 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 29, 3B: 15, AF: 2.0, Hands: 51
      BTN: $50.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 71
      SB: $44.69 - VPIP: 46, PFR: 15, 3B: 3, AF: 3.0, Hands: 81
      Hero (BB): $64.31 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 6, AF: 3.6, Hands: 417498
      UTG: $50.32 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 10.0, Hands: 127

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) J :diamond: T :spade: 2 :diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, CO calls $3, SB folds

Turn: ($10.50) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.52, Hero folds

Final Pot: $10.50
      CO wins $10.03
      (Rake: $0.47)
  • 5 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Preflop I'd prefer squeezeing, unless CO would 4bet bluff a lot. SB is a fish, we have position on him, and are far ahead of his range. OK, he folded to 3bets so far, but the sample is only 81 hands, and fish are not consistent at all...

On the flop all options are valid I guess, we have tons of equity. We can donk for value and balancing, ch/call if CO cbets and SB calls, or chR if CO cbets and SB folds. He could fold TP, maybe overpairs to a chR, and we are not far behind even against a broke range.

Asztal: J:diamond: T:spade: 2:diamond:
             Részesedés   Nyert  Osztozás
      CO         58.43%  58.43%     0.00% { JJ-TT, 22, JTs, KdTd, Qd9d, Td9d, 9d8d, JTo }
      BB         41.57%  41.57%     0.00% { AdQd }

Plus if it's checked around, a free card doesnt hurt us obviously... :)

As played, turn is a tough spot, we dont have more accurate info on CO, but he could have some strong hands, and checkbehind weaker ones on this board. I think we have too much equity to ch/fold, so I'd prefer betting, and evaluating the odds, if we get raised.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: We could easily squeeze for value here whilst we also have a fishy player in the pot.

As played
      Postflop: But don't you think he could easily have a lot worse draws in his range as well and also even weaker floats. Of course his Bet sizing is huge there but we could argue about being even ahead sometimes, especially vs wider opener + being aggressive. We will rarely see him Checking behind there. So I wouldn't say that Check/Calling is wrong but of course his sizing might represent a strong hand but it's still also a matter of buttons he could be using. Maybe he by default uses same button every time like 3/4.

But of course it's not really a mistake or anything, if you assumed his hand being strong there and we rarely have of course vs that range implied odds is folding still fine.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So would you Bet/fold or check/Call ?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      And what about the donking? Is check/Raise better?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And what about the donking? Is check/Raise better?

It's possible but usually such boards ain't the best to donk cause you will very often get those hands which continue. If we getting it in here it's also going to be for us not the best equity which means that even if we Check/Raise then vs go-broke range our equity is going to be not the best and even -EV.

So would you Bet/fold or check/Call ?

Check/Call if I am planning to continue, with Betting you are just making a lot worse to fold and better continue/raise.