[NL2-NL10] nl10-AQo

• Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($1.75)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($13.55)
      MP1 ($9.25)
      MP2 ($10.40)
      CO ($11.05)
      Button ($14.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      4 folds, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.5, Button calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.05) 5, T, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.6, Button calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.25) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.25
  • 3 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I'd bet $0.7 on the flop.
      After the call you should play c/f.

However, I think he isn't gonna slowplay trips here, especially with the T on the chance of quads is rather low.
      On that moment you have the highest kicker, but I still think you can't bet here since there is a reasonable chance that Villain is holding a pocket pair.

So c/f all the way on the turn, unless you hit something (that can be any A, Q or T)
      Bronze
      Welcome Backcushion,

I'd push the turn! With three T's there's really low chance of villain hitting. Additional fold equity makes this play profitable.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

The correct play is to push flop, to maximize our fold equity

I'd bet $0.7 on the flop.
      After the call you should play c/f.

That's what basic strategy suggests, but its not optimal.
      Your hand is really strong against his limp/calling range.
      Not only you have 2 overcards (in the spot, where Ace high might be good sometimes), but you also have hidden out, because of the paired board.
      For example, if he has 22-44 or 56, any 7+ card on turn, will give you 3 additional outs

5TT turn J

now you have 3 J outs, because your Ace will win against his small pockets

Besides, you should realize how wide is his calling range here. By c/f after he calls, you will give up a better hand fairly often. Not mentioning how committed you are against his range.
      Bet/call is even better then bet/fold, but in this case you sacrifice descent amount of fold equity that determines your EV in this spot.
      Therefore, push flop is a very correct play here.

as played, push turn