[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AJ 4b preflop

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I know that the flop is good for cbeting, but the problem is that I think that Kx is quite big part of his 3b/calling range (especially AK).. I don't expect him to call with suited connectors or pocket pairs that often... In addition, he rarely folds to cbets so I don't want to bluff him..

BB: 19/12/58/27/33/7,0/116 (VPIP/PFR/FvST/3BvST/FvFCB/AF/H)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10.26) 103bb
      CO ($8.64) 86bb
      BTN ($9.37) 94bb
      Alleen86 (SB) ($10.75) 108bb
      BB ($18.53) 185bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Alleen86 is SB J:diamond: A:spade:
      3 folds, Alleen86 raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Alleen86 raises to $2.45, BB calls $1.55

Flop: 6:spade: 2:heart: K:club: ($4, 2 players)
      Alleen86 checks, BB bets $3.25, Alleen86 folds

Final Pot: $7.25

BB wins $7.91 (net +$3.11)

Alleen86 lost $2.45
  • 5 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      sure, why not. :f_biggrin: i'd make it like 2.22 though

i think this is a good flop to fire a cbet of like $1.50 and give up. our perceived range is very strong and he may fold QQ- type of hands
      if you think that's not going to happen or his flatting range has a ton of traps then c/f is fine.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I actually disagree.

He doesn't have any worse hands that pay you off or better hands folding. That just smacks his range. Even against TT/JJ/QQ your not in great shape and with a ftcb of 33 he's not letting go easily.

I'd c/f. But if you do cb it'd make it ~$1.5-2
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      we just want him to fold preflop. :f_biggrin:

even if we're ahead of his 3betting range it's going to be tough to play it properly postflop.
      postflop whether he folds to a cbet on this board is not that much connected with how much he has been folding on normal raised pots. he just can't continue with a lot worse there if he has any idea of what he's doing, i expect him to have a lot of traps though
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      even if we're ahead of his 3betting range it's going to be tough to play it properly postflop.
      postflop whether he folds to a cbet on this board is not that much connected with how much he has been folding on normal raised pots. he just can't continue with a lot worse there if he has any idea of what he's doing, i expect him to have a lot of traps though
      That's true. Although I'd still expect him to float with TT-QQ a good percentage of the time... Espc when he has position on us.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

With AJ you might easily just raise/call pf- sure you´re often dominated, but if he is 3-betting any Ax hands, then more likely you dominate over his weak Ax hands. If you want to 4-bet bluff then it is also fine, but that case you should c-bet flop- very often players would put you automatically AK and would fold their 88-QQ hands, also they might call you all sort of Ax hands or suited connectors that all missed, but since you can´t really c/c him down I think taking at least one stab would be more profitable than c/f

best regards,