Should i continue?

• hvard92
      hvard92
      Bronze
      So yesterday i was running pretty bad. And i don't tilt as much as before. I'm getting more used to it and it takes longer time to put me on tilt now and i'm getting better to read hands too so thats great. I was playing for 4-5 hours straight and i did 1 rebuy and lost that too. I think i played really well but i had lots of bad luck. I have never run that bad before while i'm playing good. One hand that was pretty enoying was when i played against a fish. I opened with AQ and hit top pair and he donk bets way over the pot (4 x the pot), i called him and then he checked and a possible flushdraw comes, then he bets 1/4 the pot and i went all in because i tought it was a decent chance that he had a flushdraw/straightdraw. And then he instant calls with no pair or straightdraw or a pair and then he hit his silly flush 83S and i went broke. I played pretty tight against him and he reraised everybody with any 2 cards and his run was sick. So when i finally got KK and i raised 4bb, he reraised half of his stack with Q8o, so i shoved and he won again. This is just some of the hands i lost in the session. I was not on tilt at all, it was just 1 min after the bad beats and then i was all fine again. I felt good and continued playing but i nearly didn't catched any cards at all. The same thing happened today. I can't find anything wrong i did today either, i didn't steam call, steam raise. not to passive or to aggressive. I think i played well and i adapted my play to my opponents.

So! When i KNOW i'm playing good and i still lose and it is only bad beats and not catching cards thats make me lose, should i quit playing that day, even if im in the zone to play or continue?

If someone had a bigger losing streak. Please let me know. It's always good to hear=P
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if you're in the zone then you always continue. :f_biggrin:

however you have be honest with yourself.
      one can only take so much, and a bad run may make you more prone to getting off the zone more easily in the next days so stay aware.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      if you're in the zone then you always continue. :f_biggrin:

however you have be honest with yourself.
      one can only take so much, and a bad run may make you more prone to getting off the zone more easily in the next days so stay aware.
      +1
    • Stevie8
      Stevie8
      Bronze
      taking a quick look at the table and realising you can easily outplay your opponents is a good reason to continue (you're better than them and have this chance to get their money). however you should also consider if your level of tiredness will affect your game or not
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I would quit and crack open a bottle of whiskey ..... mmmmmmm whiskey