Identity verification / withdrawal fee

Bronze
      So I want to withdraw money from my account and obviously there is a huge fee that eats quite a large chunk out of my 10$ bonus, OK, I can deal with that, but why would I be charged the same huge amount for making an identity verification withdrawal (one has to be made before being able to withdraw all the money? I mean, how else do I verifiy my identity? With two subsequent withdrawals almost half of the 10$ bonus is already gone.

Is that the way it is supposed to be?
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91,

Where there is money there will always be fees, unfortunately.

Speaking personally here I've never had to verify my ID with Skrill so maybe you can escape the second fee that you've spoken about :)

Hope this helps,
      Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91,

This procedure is very common at almost any gaming company. At some point everyone goes through the ID verification and even though it seem like this is done for the companies benefit it rather serves your funds to be secure. Yes, even if its just $10.

Although, I'm not sure why you being charged for it. I'll ask Natalia to pop by maybe she knows more about this.

Ingrid
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91,

I assume you must be talking about the card verification procedure? If so, then a small sum ($2,99) is taken from the card and deposited into the balance, given the verification process has been successful).
      If not successful the sum is sent back to the user's card (after 35 days).

Please let me know if this helps?

Thanks,
      Nat.
      Bronze
      I am talking about identity identification, which becomes a necessity when withdrawing money from one's account. Three options are being presented, two of which cost money (wouldn't call it a small fee at all).

Anyway, I chose to verify my address which was the only free option. I will soon be informed about whether or not Skrill will be able to send me that letter, but should it not be possible I will be extremely dissatisfied as I will be left with two very unpleasant options.
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      Hi again,

Please note that the verification option “Charge the redemption fee to your credit/debit card (instant)” does not imply additional charges. In other words the flat withdrawal fee of 1.80 EUR would not be charged twice. In essence with this option we verify your account by applying the withdrawal fee of 1.80 EUR directly to your credit card instead of your Skrill balance. This means that if you withdraw 100 USD, the full amount of 100 USD would be sent to your bank account and the 1.80 EUR fee would be debited from your card. Please note that this way the withdrawal fee is charged only once.

I hope it made it more clear now.

BR,
      Nat.
      Bronze
      Thanks, I would never have guessed it from the way it was written in the website.

You really helped! :)
    • MissNatalia
      MissNatalia
      Bronze
      I'm glad I could help!
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      jesus, are you really crying about $2 as some outrageous amount of money?!
      Bronze
      I don't really think that the fee for such a service has a reason reason to be that high. Let alone be charged twice (not the case though).

2$ + 2$ = 40% of the bonus gone already. Even 2$ is 20% and it is quite an amount.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      I attempted to verify my details by allowing skrill to make a micro withdrawal from my bank account. But my bank account (UK bank) is in Pound sterling, and Skrill require you to comfirm their micro withdrawal in Dollars and Cents. This is utterly retarded!

Could someone give me some advice what to do, please.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey arthurbentley,

Happened the same to a friend of mine the other day, we called Skrill and the problem was solved in 5 min. :)

Give them a call and ask for help imo.

Ingrid