[NL2-NL10] nl10 KQ

• NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      I got a hand in a multiple way pot
      Am I supposed to play the hand like this
      what is the optimal way to play it

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , Q:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 6:spade: , 9:club: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) Q:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.11 (All-In), UTG+2 raises to $2.03 (All-In).

River: ($6.09) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $6.09
  • 9 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NRGBlaze
      I got a hand in a multiple way pot
      Am I supposed to play the hand like this
      what is the optimal way to play it
      What do you mean?You're heads up with the guy?.
      I would push the flop,but then again it's dry so....judges?.

Oh and remember to raise 4bb+1bb per limper meaning in this situation you'd have to raise 0.50
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      well the thing that i meant was that there are 4 calling players at a 10 player table (2 before me and 2 after me) and the players at the table are calling almost every hand so i'm almost certain that i'll get at least 4 or 5 calls this time also
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NRGBlaze
      well the thing that i meant was that there are 4 calling players at a 10 player table (2 before me and 2 after me) and the players at the table are calling almost every hand so i'm almost certain that i'll get at least 4 or 5 calls this time also
      Then you have no problem raisin to 0.50?
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      yes I guess so :D
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      OH WAIT???i didn't notice this,why are you raising Mp2 with KQ?You can play that hand from late position and blinds only.

So fold preflop
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      ok that puts another question on the line. I am playing by the starting hands chart that I downloaded from the FL section. Now i checked the NL section and I see that the chart there is not so detailed and has differences like this one. So can I use the shc from the FL section (the hands are the same so they must be played in almost the same way right?) or should I refer to the NL chart even if it is less detailed
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      lol, if you play NL you should use the NL SHC.
      KQ is a fold from MP.
      IF you play it you should just raise 5BB since there is one limper.
      You can push the flop, but you might also just call since the board is dry as Backcushion said.
      I don't think it matters really. However, he isn't donkbetting this flop for no reason, I think he will probably call your flop-push already.
      Turn is an easy push.

I say he was holding 66 or 99 and making silly 1/2pot-size bets :D
      Bronze
      Hi NRGBlaze,

NL and FL are pretty much two different games - saying you can use shc from fl in nl is like saying you can use the same joseki in Go and chess.

About the hand: you should've fold it preflop, raise KQ only from late position. But as played you hit your pair and therefore should push the flop.

One more thing - you had about $3 stack which is too much for sss. If you exceed the 25BB amount, change tables.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      yes I understand
      thank you all for the answers :)