[NL2-NL10] nl10Sh 99

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys!

vill: 26/21/6,7 after 115 hands
      steals 45%

Give up? there isn't any hand that I beat that he can call another bet with.

Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $3.60 (36 bb)
      CO: $10.04 (100.4 bb)
      BTN: $10.51 (105.1 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $12.95 (129.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 9
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BTN calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.85) Q 5 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.35) 8 (2 players)
      Hero ???
      checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.35) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80 :facepalm:

Results:
      $9.95 pot ($0.49 rake)
      Final Board: Q 5 8 8 4
      BTN showed A 8 and won $9.46 ($4.51 net)
      Hero mucked 9 9 and lost (-$4.95 net)

• 6 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Do you have ft3b stats?

I'd probably just flat it pre - we have enough showdown value with 99 anyway. But if raising it'd make it ~$1.10 being oop.

As played I'd cb a little less ~$1/1.1 so just over half pot. On the turn just x/f. Same on river. We're not getting called from weaker hands so betting is a no no imo.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      after only 115 hands the ft3b stats wouldn't be accurate.

But if I flat pre then he would just cbet and I have to fold my hands. I don't think setmining with 99 is profitable in SH games, is it?

Thanks for your comments!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Obv it depends on the opponent, and his bet size, but I'd generally 3b 22-77 as bluffs and JJ+ for value.

Your right in saying calling in the blinds to set mine isn't profitable as we rarely get paid off by btns wide range, so no implied odds. Not to mention playing hand oop.

Using this board as a example if we call 22-77 (minus 55) pre we're in such a tough spot oop with 3rd/underpair so we're folding a lot. And as mentioned the times we hit with 55 he's not going to pay us off often enough. So these are 3b/fold imo.

However, I think 88-TT have enough showdown value to be profitable to call. With 99/TT we can float a lot more as the Q hits only a small part of his range, and can even start donking and x/r depending on the opponent. Of course sometimes it will get checked and we can win the pot with our showdown value.

I hope i've made sense lol. Not the best at getting my point across at times! Although this is my thinking so could be completely wrong in saying all this! Veriz will either :f_thumbsup: or :facepalm: hopefully lol.

(This is in bb btw. sb is different due to pot odds and having bb to act...)

EDIT: Sorry for bumping your post... Am going to comment on some others now so it'll move back down the pecking order.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would usually 3-bet for value 88+ and then a lot of broadway hands. Also if I feel BU is stealing I think 3-betting any 2 would show profit (players would not play back marginal hands if they decide just to steal pre-flop)
      I think c-bet postflop is fine and since board is dry I would prefer c/c turn. He may easily try some floats and 99 is good enough to turn into bluff catcher (until you have some information how wide he calls and what hands he would bet turn if you check to him)

I suppose he would bet around 2.75$ on the turn and then you can decide on the river if you want to call his shove/bet or not- since most players would not bet there Qx hands I think his hand range are mostly 8x or sets, so I might even consider going to showdown against unknown, but that again depends on the game flow and if player is willing to put in his stack with airs

best regards,
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I would usually 3-bet for value 88+ and then a lot of broadway hands.
      What type of hands are you flatting with if you 3-bet a lot of broadways?

Against TAGs my 3b range is quite polarised. Something like:

JJ+, 77-22, AQs+, A5s-A2s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, AJo+

The calling:

TT-88, AJs-A9s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

(Just did it quickly so it's not exact, and obv varies a lot depending on opponent and game flow)

But wondering if I'm making it too polarised and should be 3betting more broadways?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I would usually 3-bet for value 88+ and then a lot of broadway hands.
      What type of hands are you flatting with if you 3-bet a lot of broadways?

Against TAGs my 3b range is quite polarised. Something like:

JJ+, 77-22, AQs+, A5s-A2s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, AJo+

The calling:

TT-88, AJs-A9s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo

(Just did it quickly so it's not exact, and obv varies a lot depending on opponent and game flow)

But wondering if I'm making it too polarised and should be 3betting more broadways?
      Against standard TAG that would not really 3-bet me too often I would prefer mostly folding. My calling range AQ, maybe AK (if I don´t feel 4-bet/calling (especially I would prefer call if I´m ip), 88-AA. I would rather 4-b et hands like AT or K8s- if player is very loose 3-bettor, then I would ofcourse widen both my calling and 4-bet for value ranges.

- if you have good aggressive image, then you should 3-bet more for value (that should include mostly broadways and 88+ and less hands like 54s (that does not really play that well postflop)