[NL20-NL50] Nl50 FR XX in SB

    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

      Stacks:
      BTN ($62.57) 125bb
      Hero (SB) ($56.73) 113bb
      BB ($57.37) 115bb

      Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 3 players) Hero is SB X X
      BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

      Flop: Q:heart: A:heart: 7:diamond: ($9, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

      Turn: 9:club: ($9, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.25, BB calls $7.25

      River: K:spade: ($23.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $23.50, BB calls $23.50

      Final Pot: $70.50

      Opponent is a new reg running 15/13 in a small sample. First question what does my hand look like?

      If you had top pair no kicker would you call? Because that's exactly what I put my opponent on and wanted to push him off. I thought about overbet shove but it looks a bit spewy considering I lost some hands ago an all-in with a monster draw against him, pot bet seems more value oriented. Maybe I should bet 30$ and leave 10$ behind it looks kinda scary :) . I'm trying to figure if my line is credible.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello BadeaCelRau,

      Well, the problem is that your hand is very capped there. More towards maybe something like 77/QQ and at the best 99. You are too much polarizing your hand there and without made hand I wouldn't try to bluff him off there.

      Rather instead just Check/Fold the turn if no hand at all, especially for the given reasons you pointed out yourself that you just lost a pot whilst for him it could mean that you tilting.

      Best Regards.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      What about AQ, KQ, even TJ? I know he is 3betting crap like A5o or even Qx, I'm not really interested in 4betting because I've seen instant 5bets even with Q6s from other regs, and probably correct since my 4betting range was too big compared to the continuation range. I was 4betting Ax and Kx and received lots of jams. It's hard to call all-in with AJ for a remaining 80bb. But if I just call his 3bet, I keep all his dominated crap in. Don't all regs call 3bets with these hands?

      Of course he needs some brain to think about all this, I mostly tried to capitalise on the nitty tendencies I encountered at this limit. He used all his time bank but surprisingly called in the end with A5

      Anyway I took a stack from him later and realised he's just a big calling station :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by BadeaCelRau
      What about AQ, KQ, even TJ? I know he is 3betting crap like A5o or even Qx, I'm not really interested in 4betting because I've seen instant 5bets even with Q6s from other regs, and probably correct since my 4betting range was too big compared to the continuation range. I was 4betting Ax and Kx and received lots of jams. It's hard to call all-in with AJ for a remaining 80bb. But if I just call his 3bet, I keep all his dominated crap in. Don't all regs call 3bets with these hands?

      Of course he needs some brain to think about all this, I mostly tried to capitalise on the nitty tendencies I encountered at this limit. He used all his time bank but surprisingly called in the end with A5

      Anyway I took a stack from him later and realised he's just a big calling station :(
      Well, if he 3bets very loose then I wouldn't even try to steal very loose as with crappy hands. And about 3bet-calling range mainly depends how we are able to play postflop. You obviously are making more mistakes yourself whilst also being OOP.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Myself, I do it rarely but 'regs' do it all the time :D .

      Speaking about stealing ranges from the SB. When stealing good regs, that I know will defend light, I use about 20% range, mostly broadways, sc, Axs and pairs. Do you think that's a good range?

      Ok, second question. Some are so annoying that although I haven't stolen last 3 or 4 times they still 3bet when I steal them with let's say KT. That's kinda frustrating :evil: . How would you adjust? 4Betting is an option, but from my experience I haven't been succesful enough to show a profit. Should I use an even tighter range? Only hands I'm going broke with? I think that's too optimistic, sessions might end until I find this exact spot, and of course villain could just have 82o and muck it in an instant.

      What about a 50% range of hands that I'm going broke with and 50% that i'll just fold? Hands I'm going broke with : AQ+, 99+, that's about 5% range so I should have a 10% total range. Is the range I'm going broke with too narrow? Only 10% steal is still too tight for my liking :( so I don't know if it's a good adjustment. Maybe I should continue using the 20% stealing range and go broke with 5% of them.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2010 Posts: 2,122
      Oh God, forgot to press THE Button again. Sorry.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Speaking about stealing ranges from the SB. When stealing good regs, that I know will defend light, I use about 20% range, mostly broadways, sc, Axs and pairs. Do you think that's a good range?

      Well, then you have a serious leak I'd say. :P You can't defend 20% of the hands without even knowing the reg. :(

      Ok, second question. Some are so annoying that although I haven't stolen last 3 or 4 times they still 3bet when I steal them with let's say KT. That's kinda frustrating. How would you adjust? 4Betting is an option, but from my experience I haven't been succesful enough to show a profit. Should I use an even tighter range? Only hands I'm going broke with? I think that's too optimistic, sessions might end until I find this exact spot, and of course villain could just have 82o and muck it in an instant.

      Well, calling isn't going to be an option either. :) Especially if you don't have good postflop edge or know very good the guy. So yeah, 4bet/Folding and then adjusting accordingly either to tighten up the range or loosen up the range. Or either just adjust our go-broke range.

      What about a 50% range of hands that I'm going broke with and 50% that i'll just fold? Hands I'm going broke with : AQ+, 99+, that's about 5% range so I should have a 10% total range. Is the range I'm going broke with too narrow? Only 10% steal is still too tight for my liking so I don't know if it's a good adjustment. Maybe I should continue using the 20% stealing range and go broke with 5% of them.

      Well, you can't say correct go broke range when don't even know against we playing. Especially with practically 0 information and as you pointed out even a nitty reg. Then your range might be unrealistic even.