Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1855829
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.05
      BB: $8.30
      Hero (BTN): $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 6 :club: 4 :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 9 :heart: K :club: 3 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.45) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.45) J :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero folds

I have just sat down at the table so I don't know anything about the opponents.

What do you think about the openraise here? The hand itself is weak but since we are 3handed and it is a 1gapper can it be raised?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: Rather fold those crappy hands, especially when you don't even know the opponents.

As played
      Postflop: Not the best flop to even CB, too many hands continue here and instead should be just giving it up.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Would a cBet be ok if my hand was not that trashy? I.e., I had ATo and I can still hit something, be ahead of some draws, maybe if one of my cards is a club, I can catch a FD on the turn, etc.?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Would a cBet be ok if my hand was not that trashy? I.e., I had ATo and I can still hit something, be ahead of some draws, maybe if one of my cards is a club, I can catch a FD on the turn, etc.?
      Yes, that's also why we playing those higher overcard type of hands. :)
      Bronze
      I am a bit confused about the fact that 65o, as I would imagine, would, however, be a good openraise from the BTN. Without analyzing any mathematical probabilities for hitting something on the flop, 65o and 64o actually look a bit similar to me in terms of strength. What makes the difference so significant between these two hands? Obviously there are more possible straight draw combos on the flop for 65o, but is it really a very significant difference?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I am a bit confused about the fact that 65o, as I would imagine, would, however, be a good openraise from the BTN. Without analyzing any mathematical probabilities for hitting something on the flop, 65o and 64o actually look a bit similar to me in terms of strength. What makes the difference so significant between these two hands? Obviously there are more possible straight draw combos on the flop for 65o, but is it really a very significant difference?
      Try first why we are playing those hands, from what does come the value and how to play them and then start adjusting your ranges. :) That's my advice, instead of taking the play whatever you see in videos and some coach does it.

The huge difference also here is that you are 3handed which means you are very likely getting backstabbed or at least called.