MP+1: $12.48 29/0/0 30 hands
      CO: $5.75
      BTN: $3.18
      SB: $3.40
      BB: $9.25
      UTG: $12.32

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, MP+1 calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players) T:club: Q:club: 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.80, MP+1 raises to $1.60, fold, Hero raises to $4.90, MP+1 raises to $12.13 and is all-in, fold

MP+1 wins $10.28

i could 3bet less(4$) and fold?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello malcolmlinco,

Bet/Fold the flop, doesn't make sense to 3bet the flop and then even fold. :D Why would you turn y our hand into bluff there? Then instead just Call it and reevaluate the turn whilst we are also a bit deeper.

Best Regards.
    • malcolmlinco
      malcolmlinco
      Bronze
      i don't exactly understand this calling concept here. by calling i get no information about his hand. this min raise could be really fishy move by A8 or it really means 2pair/set.

When i call i have no idea where i am. Secondly, what exaclty i am hoping to see on turn? K? so that i could chase backdoor straight? even if i consider.

let pretend he has 2 pair with Q8 and i can consider T as a out. even then i don't have enough odds to call that min raise.

by 3beting i have chance he folds the hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by malcolmlinco
      i don't exactly understand this calling concept here. by calling i get no information about his hand. this min raise could be really fishy move by A8 or it really means 2pair/set.

When i call i have no idea where i am. Secondly, what exaclty i am hoping to see on turn? K? so that i could chase backdoor straight? even if i consider.

let pretend he has 2 pair with Q8 and i can consider T as a out. even then i don't have enough odds to call that min raise.

by 3beting i have chance he folds the hand.
      Then Bet/Fold it on the flop, going broke is definitely overplayed here without even knowing the opponent and being deep. That's a pretty basic concept where we are deep and we will rarely get called from worse and 3bet/Folding is practically the worst line ever anyone could take. What you trying to accomplish with it? Make Qx to fold? What else? FD doesn't Call you there. So what's the purpose?