Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1855845
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.41 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 26
      Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 47140
      CO: $3.54 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 5,0, Hands: 21
      BTN: $7.65 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 21

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with T :club: 7 :club:
      CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) A :heart: J :spade: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.25) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero folds

Should I not have stabbed either the flop or turn? We get value from 89 and don't allow him to bluff. Should be better than giving up/hoping for a free showdown
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Not really a great idea with bottom-pair, I might even just leave it alone whilst we will rarely be able to 2nd barrel it.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Assuming that villain is calling only with Ax, Qx, Tx, Jx type of hands (is this assumption possibly correct in unraised pots against such loose fish?), is betting really not better? Because a large part of villains range also consists of PPs, SCs, and even offsuited connectors. Check/calling is not that great and villain actually does not seem like the most passive player so a free showdown does not seem likely. Thus we can make him fold out that part of his range. If we bet 0.18 we need 41% fold equity. Don't we get it? +we can still hit additional equity on the turn.

The question is – how big a part of his range hits this board – is it really bigger than 60%?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Assuming that villain is calling only with Ax, Qx, Tx, Jx type of hands (is this assumption possibly correct in unraised pots against such loose fish?), is betting really not better? Because a large part of villains range also consists of PPs, SCs, and even offsuited connectors. Check/calling is not that great and villain actually does not seem like the most passive player so a free showdown does not seem likely. Thus we can make him fold out that part of his range. If we bet 0.18 we need 41% fold equity. Don't we get it? +we can still hit additional equity on the turn.

The question is – how big a part of his range hits this board – is it really bigger than 60%?
      Yes, might even be towards 70%+ which continues there from his range.
      Bronze
      Comparing these two situations:
      NL10: T9s cBet on wet board

Speaking only about villain's ranges in these two situations, does a loose player's range differ significantly for limping and cold calling in general? I.e. is a loose villain more likely to limp with all sort of crappy small Ax hands or small and weak Kx and Qx hands than a loose villain that has to call an openraise? In general, of course.

(yeah, the opponent in the situation given in the link is actually quite different as he looks like a LAG even, but let us just imagine that instead of him, we have the villain that we have in the hand that we are discussing in this thread)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Comparing these two situations:
      NL10: T9s cBet on wet board

Speaking only about villain's ranges in these two situations, does a loose player's range differ significantly for limping and cold calling in general? I.e. is a loose villain more likely to limp with all sort of crappy small Ax hands or small and weak Kx and Qx hands than a loose villain that has to call an openraise? In general, of course.

(yeah, the opponent in the situation given in the link is actually quite different as he looks like a LAG even, but let us just imagine that instead of him, we have the villain that we have in the hand that we are discussing in this thread)
      Well, I didn't evaluate the hand either and I don't like the CB there. :) And we have different cases mate again, you really think that poker is so much related whatever situation we play? :D No it's actually not.