Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1855902
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $14.36 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 47140
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 14, 3B: 1, AF: 1,0, Hands: 249
      BB: $23.68 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 22, 3B: 7, AF: 3,2, Hands: 138
      CO: $10.15 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 18, 3B: 2, AF: 1,3, Hands: 152

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 6 :spade: 3 :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.75) 3 :diamond: 7 :diamond: K :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB folds, BB folds

A somewhat questionable cBet, perhaps, but with additional equity since we have a pair OK?

If not fine, then surely could be fine if the board offered no possible FD?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: What's the reason for opening such hands?

As played
      Postflop: As you open such hands then should also consider CBetting, especially when you have something on the board which you even hit.

Best Regards.
      Bronze

We have position, we are 4handed and the opponents are not really that loose (the BB's 3Bet might be big but then again – it is a small smaple size). We still have a 2-gapper (could be better) but is it really too loose an openraise in this spot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91

We have position, we are 4handed and the opponents are not really that loose (the BB's 3Bet might be big but then again – it is a small smaple size). We still have a 2-gapper (could be better) but is it really too loose an openraise in this spot?
      Well, do you think it's worth raising such hands when you don't even understand the postflop spots either to CB or not? :) First try to make rather those hands which also have decent equity, your 63 just doesn't have any and most likely I am pretty sure that those guys don't fold easily either (you pointed even yourself out 4handed).
      Bronze
      1) Does it mean that you would not advise me to openraise 64s either? Because so far any suited 1gapper is a standard BU open for me unless the opposition is very loose or 3Betting a lot.

2) Also, (for future because I will fold these hands for now) would 63s be an openraise in this spot for you or any other better player that is confident about his postflop game?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) Does it mean that you would not advise me to openraise 64s either? Because so far any suited 1gapper is a standard BU open for me unless the opposition is very loose or 3Betting a lot.

Mate, try to understand that it's not only about raising preflop those hands but it also how you playing those hands postflop. That I tell you 1-2 hands how to play postflop doesn't mean you handle it perfectly postflop. There has to be reasons for you to play those hands and until you understand that yourself I would rather not open too loose.

2) Also, (for future because I will fold these hands for now) would 63s be an openraise in this spot for you or any other better player that is confident about his postflop game?

Just by random answer I can't give you a yes, cause I don't know how the table is running. For me there is rarely unknown opponents on the table, I always after couple of hands understand how those guys play and according to that I am adjusting. If needed I am folding those hands, if not then I am opening and obviously my open-raise isn't 3bb either in those spots which allows me to play more hands.