[NL2-NL10] noob cant play AA on Ahi flop...lol (nl10sh)

• MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $11.89
      SB: $11.23
      BB: $7.34
      UTG: $11.07 14/11/5/1.0 (142 hands)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.75, 2 players) 2:club: 8:club: A:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) J:club:
      UTG bets $1.31, Hero calls $1.31

River: ($4.37, 2 players) 3:heart:
      UTG bets $3.27, Hero calls $3.27

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 82%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
      UTG shows 2:spade: 2:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Twos) (Pre 18%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      Hero wins $10.19

So, have I missed a crying opportunity to ship the river? Also, how bad is checking the flop? Obv with the benefit of hindsight I stack him if I bet the Flop, hey ho.

Over the 142 hands his fold to 3bet was 100% (only 3of3 though) and I was hoping he would bet the turn with 99-QQ if I check behind. When the flush hit on the turn and I noted his low AF I started to wonder if the only hands he barrels Turn and River with are 22,88 and Flush's.

Defo an argument to raise turn too but (kicking myself for checking back the flop) I didnt want to get shipped on.

Yuck, indicisive all the way through the hand.
      Hence asking for advice.

Thanks in advance,
      MD
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, your 3bet is too small. he definitely can setmine vs you there

as it went...
      he doesn't have a lot of fds because you have the A. if we didn't i'd definitely bet this flop... even if we do have i'd still bet, he could be calling enough of suited broadways because of your small 3bet.
      also with his AF (not that it's the most reliable stat ever) there's not that much point in bluff inducing. if he doesn't have anything he most likely won't be placing any more monies in the pot anyway

whether to raise or not to raise later... yeah, seems a bit too thin. your line also credibly reps a flushdraw so it's going to be tough to be called by worse
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Thanks for the responce Tomaloc

well yeah, your 3bet is too small. he definitely can setmine vs you there

You think so? I am giving him 2.5 on a call pre. If I was only 3betting 3% and he is likely to stack me more often when he flops his set then I would agree but I dont (I'll try n find my 3bet% on that table.)

I am not convinced I have put him in a spot where it is definately +EV to flat there 100% of the time. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am new to online and have a lot of study to do...3bet sizing included.

he doesn't have a lot of fds because you have the A. if we didn't i'd definitely bet this flop... even if we do have i'd still bet, he could be calling enough of suited broadways because of your small 3bet.
      also with his AF (not that it's the most reliable stat ever) there's not that much point in bluff inducing. if he doesn't have anything he most likely won't be placing any more monies in the pot anyway

whether to raise or not to raise later... yeah, seems a bit too thin. your line also credibly reps a flushdraw so it's going to be tough to be called by worse

I defo see then sence in all this, thank-you.

MD
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MasochisticDesire,

Preflop: 3bet it bigger, way too small whilst you are making yourself mistake here by 3betting this amount.
      Postflop: Just Bet/Bet/bet and so on, if he doesn't have a hand he wont pay you anyways. And most likely I wouldn't raise it cause just doesn't make sense if you even didn't bet the flop, what worse pays you?

Best Regards.