[NL2-NL10] AA vs flush draw

• NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      ANTES/BLINDS
      ZakeshaMP posts blind ($0.05), Kynts posts blind ($0.10).

NRG.Blaze shows [ AH,AD ]

PRE-FLOP
      Arsenal_33 folds, hisperr calls $0.10, betgoldbet folds, NRG.Blaze bets $0.40, alowen4 calls $0.40, Feexig calls $0.40, bendikh calls $0.40, ZakeshaMP folds, Kynts folds, hisperr calls $0.30.

FLOP [board cards: 7C,6S,QS ]
      hisperr checks, NRG.Blaze bets $2, alowen4 calls $1.60 and is all-in, Feexig folds, bendikh folds, hisperr folds.

TURN [board cards: 7C,6S,QS,3S ]

RIVER [board cards: 7C,6S,QS,3S,AC ]

SHOWDOWN
      NRG.Blaze shows [ AH,AD ]
      alowen4 shows [ KS,JS ]
      NRG.Blaze wins $0.40, alowen4 wins $5.09.

was i supposed to go directly all in
      or maybe to bet less???
  • 5 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      preflop raise 4bb+1bb pre limper which is 0.50 at your case,on the flop if you have so many callers,yes all in since the pot is too big and you have a made hand.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      I can't see how big your stack is at the moment.

As said preflop raise should be 5BB.

Flop is an easy push with so many players and a drawy board.
      Bronze
      Hello NRGBlaze,

I have few things to point out:

1) Raise 4bb+1/limper preflop. Here, it's $0.5.
      2) With such an amount of limpers it's an easy push on the flop with an overpair.
      3) How big was your stack? Hope it wasn'y bigger than 25BB's - SSS works only for less than 25BB's.

Also, try to find yourself a hand converter - I'll be easier to evaluate them that way.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      no i think i had maybe a dollar left in my stack
      i'm playing sss
      about the converter
      I am playing on mansion - can you tell me a suitable converter?
      also as you can see I am in middle position and all callers are behind me on the preflop
      if I go all in I will lose most of them
      Bronze
      If you're playing SSS, you shouldn't have more than 25BB in your stack. I suggest you rereading the basic article: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/821/2/.

You can find good converter at http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/.

And once again about the hand:

You have a stack of about $3 as you stated. At this point (on the flop) the pot's $2 big which means a $2 bet commits you anyway. So it's better to maximise the fold equity and push.

Assume you beted less and one of your oponents called: he might for example hit his flush (if he has a flushdraw). That's why giving them enough pot odds is wrong at the moment. Push is easy and surely profitable here.