Milestone Hands... Whats the Strategey?

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

I have converted to playing Zoom because I am over table selecting on the normal tables because it seems that I am constantly closeing tables after 20 hands at a table.

With these Milestone hand Zoom doesent count so should I just throw my strict table selection out which is,

• Never sit with Full stacked regs in the 2 seats to my right and left
      • Never sit next to less than 100BB stack in the 2 seats to my right

Should I just not worry and try and sit at more tables than I usualy do (4).

Chears
      BigAl
  • 9 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      What limit you play?

NL10 you don't need table select, all regs are bad. Deal with them, you have to sooner or later.

NL25 gets somewhat thougher @ regs although most of them are still ABC.

NL50 and above you need table select.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Oh really yer I play NL10.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      What limit you play?

NL10 you don't need table select, all regs are bad. Deal with them, you have to sooner or later.

NL25 gets somewhat thougher @ regs although most of them are still ABC.

NL50 and above you need table select.
      I kind of disagree with this (says a zoom player :f_biggrin: )

I think table selection is important at any limit as with better table you will be able to go up faster limits.

however i don't think selecting by stack size is the best approach. I would rather first filter by % players per flop and then spot fishes at the table. if you cannot spot a fish or more that you can exploit after a few minutes then get another table instead.

And although there is no "table selecting" as such, zoom is more or less the same thing: spotting the fish fast and getting his money before anyone else does.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Well my exact table selection methods are.

• Filter tables to more than 6 players
      • Filter to more than 20% Players to Flop
      • Never sit with Full stacked regs in the 2 seats to my right and left
      • Never sit next to less than 100BB stack in the 2 seats to my right

After 20 hands (15 hands atm because I dont have a HUD) check lobby to make sure the table hasent droped under 20%, if it has then I have to change.

Thats why I moved to Zoom because all I was doing was chageing tables.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      When I used to play NL10 on stars every table had at least one fish and one or two nits. Nits = fish for me because its easy to know their rage.

I dont get it why you don't sit on a random table on NL10, most regs are just bad. If they cbet on dryboard make a small cbet raise = free monies. 99% of the regs won't play back at you. They are just ABC, really... if you can't handle those you can forget about nl25 because its pretty reg infested.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      why not just play the regs at the lower limits and learn how to play with a dynamic. You will learn faster and will lose some money at a limit were it will matter less to lose some buy-ins. $10 to lose is not that bad, losing $100 gets annoying faster
    • getnavi
      getnavi
      Bronze
      When I play normal table(not zoom), I never do table selection.
      I don't care whether my left side is tight or loose. and I don't try to spot big fish on table. just do my A game. that's all. from 10nl ~ 100nl.
      I just sit any table and play.

U have to know how to handle with regular and fish.Your value range should be different. and calling range should be different.Your 3bet & bluff frequency should be different by opponent. If u deny to fight with regular, It's impossible to play at 25nl.( so many regular pool)

up to 50nl u can just play your A game and win a lot.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getnavi
      I don't care whether my left side is tight or loose. and I don't try to spot big fish on table. just do my A game. that's all. from 10nl ~ 100nl.

U have to know how to handle with regular and fish.Your value range should be different. and calling range should be different.Your 3bet & bluff frequency should be different by opponent. If u deny to fight with regular, It's impossible to play at 25nl.( so many regular pool)

i think this is a mistake. I don't dispute that you can't beat most opponents at those limits and therefore don't "need" to table select however there is no doubt that there are opponents that are much easier to get money from and therefore would increase your hourly quite significantly. Just my 2c though :D
    • 23devil23
      23devil23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getnavi

I agree.To be the best you have to beat the best.Table selection is a cowardly way to win.There is neglectible amount of real fish at NL25 or NL50 because these players will just sit at lower stakes usually.