4Bet vs AllIn

• BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Do you recommend a 2.5/3x 4-bet to a tight 3Bet from a reg or just a shove (considering the reg will never flat the 4Bet)?

If we take the first option there is a chance the villian will give us credit for a wider range and possibly a bluff however a shove makes us look crazy and more like a fish.

Which is the more profitable move for NL10?
  • 6 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      on nl10 people's ranges are pretty inelastic.
      either they're 3bet/folding some AK type hands or they're 3bet/stacking no matter what your 4bet sizing is...
      average thought process is more like just "i shouldn't/i should stack off preflop with these hands" regardless of your image, positions and actions.

that said, just making a "standard" 4bet is "good practice". :f_biggrin:
      the thing with NL10 is that it isn't a huge difference because people just don't preflop bluff too much. light 3bets aren't that common, and 4bet bluffing seldom happens... and, in fact, these things aren't really needed at all.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      4 bet shoving seems so weak I prefer to 4bet smallish so I can bluff some vs aggro 3bettors or induce a spaz

Also if you 4bet shove your risking whole stack for a very small pot.

I think 4 bet shove is only good vs shortstackers otherwise it just screams weak pair or AK.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      If your making your 4bets 2.5-3x then your really commiting yourself. You can easily go 2.2-2.3x when 4betting.

5Bet shoving for 100bb's really doesnt make that much sense unless someone is 3betting like 25% and calling 4bets a lot and you have something like Axs or 22-77.

Any other normal situation your risking way to much to have any bluffs in your range which means you simply cant bluff and your 4bet will get so low you wont get action from anything but QQ+.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      these are all good answers, but guys, OP has asked about NL10.
      it's not like you even need to have a 4bet bluffing range there

about 4betshoving vs shortstackers, i think that making it ~2x is fine, specially if they don't have a calling range at all
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well idk how nl10 is played this days but its still the same game. I haven't played nl10 in years but im sure you can find ppl whose leak it is to 3bet to polarized and fold 2 much vs 4bets so 4bet bluffing is an option vs some ppl even if there isn't that many of them.

And even if you do it vs fish its better to make it smaller to induce a possible call. Its not unheard of that a fish calls a 4bet.
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Meh still seems bad play to me so I expect you are risking About $9 for a $1 pot if not less

Theres still plenty of room for play if your playing full stack here.

If OOP 4bet big bigger maybe 2.50 but otherwise you can probably get away with about 2.10 afterall we do want to play some poker right?