SNG players?

• PESOORNMD
      PESOORNMD
      Basic
      Hello,

My name is Ales and I come from slovenia.
      I am playing poker for about 2 yeras, mostly live cash game with my friends on NL 20 (mostly for fun and for a chance to earn some money).

When I play online i play on PokerStars, mostly one table SNG's, fullring. I think this is my favourite style of NL Holdem online. Till now i don't have any progress or achievement on online playing because I think first I must edjucate.

So if anyone (my appeal goes mostly to experienced/winning players) can help or guide, maybe share some videos would be great. I see that on pkerstrategy.com can be found a lot of great materials but furst i must collect some points :)

That would be all.

GL to everyone!!!
  • 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Ales,

Welcome to our community!

How have you been getting along then the past 3 days? Any winnings this past weekend?

If I understood correctly, you're playing FR! Have you been thinking of checking out our free money promotions and benefit from one of those?

I hope you find our materials useful and looking forward to see you around more often!
      Ingrid
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      Hello, neighbour :)

Great to see another fellow citizen round here and a SnG player too!

You've certainly come to the right place if you wanna learn to play them.

Hit the articles, climb up levels, watch videos, participate in coaching, hand evaluating forums and you are good to go.

If you need further assistance you're welcome to add me via community tool.
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      I started playing SnG's 2 years ago, and now I play much more MTT's, so my advice is play and learn MTT's, game is much more deeper and interesting and worths much more ;) Your choice, but my advice is - don't lose your time palying SnGs !
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kalychko
      but my advice is - don't lose your time palying SnGs !
      Cuz?
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      There is still nice amount of fish swimming in lower stakes of sng games. Might get bit more tricky somewhere in 20-30$ stakes, but table selection helps. Strong understanding of bubble spots is also very valuable for mtt players in final tables. Smallish mistakes can be very expensive in some 1000+ player tournament final tables :)
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RovarTry
      Originally posted by kalychko
      but my advice is - don't lose your time palying SnGs !
      Cuz?
      Well my opinion, like Ghaleon says there is good amount of fishes only on the law stakes. To make good profits u gotta play 16+ tables. On stakes like 20-30 dollars there is good trafic any time of the day only in Pokerstars where 6-7 out of 9 understand ICM and games get really tough. Well u still can make good profits as rakeback will be enough. There are a lot of players playing break even and earning a lot though. Levels like 100+ should not be played :D In other sites there is trafic only in levels like 1,2,5 and 10 and still u have to wait.

On the other side MTT's are much more attractive for fishes. U can win a lot more in the long run and if u have luck u can climb through the levels much faster. However u gotta have more buy ins and gotta suffer worse downswings.
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      I agree with mentioned (ok you have also decent traffic at 22 on party) but as a beginner, i think SnG's are superb way to learn all about that stuff and make money in between. I actually prefer mixing both formats, cuz one completes the other one. Well after 22$ you still got 6-max, again similar approach...

I think in the end more formats you learn, better for you.
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      I still play SnG's also, I mix MTT and SnG like u. And as u say on the higher levles it's better to play 6 max SnG, they are more profitable than the 9 man SnG's. Also MTSnG's in Pokerstars (18/27/180 players) are quite profitable and can help u understand and develop both ur MTT and SnG play.

18 and 27 players regular speed are very profitable SnG's. The amount of regs is smaller than the one in turbos.

Well wish PESOORNMD all the best at the tables, try different formats man and find where u feel comfortable :)