This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Sh Ak Tptk

• Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BTN: $15.06 (301.2 bb)
      SB: $5.40 (108 bb)
      BB: $5.32 (106.4 bb)
      MP: $6.85 (137 bb)
      Hero (CO): $7.50 (150 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: K:spade:
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, SB folds, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.67) Q:diamond: K:club: 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.95, BTN calls $0.95, BB folds

Turn: ($3.57) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BTN calls $1.80

River: ($7.17) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.20 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.20

I was note sure about this guy, but he called my river bet once with high card 8. So i thought he is calling station. That's the reason i pushed this situation. Maybe he thought that time, that he had straight. But after winning a 2-3 dolar hand on NL 5 with J high against 8 high I thought my decision to push this was solid. But Give him range. I thought KQ would beat me, but i beat all Kx and Qx hands. I didnn't count he could have 33. How i can recognise that opponent is sitting on a set?
  • 4 replies
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Silver
      If he had set of 3's, well against that kind of player ist a bad luck and u have to pay him of. Just put a notice on him that he raises big with weak hands, so next time u could 4 bet him with strong hands.

Only one thing to consider for u, is your bet on on the flop. If he missed completely he wil fold and u will miss the value of his c-bet. Like, Mikey says "Check raise the devil". And he would c-bet bluff because its a perfect board for him to rap a big hand.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tatarken
      How i can recognise that opponent is sitting on a set?
      now that's the BIG $$$$$ question... :f_biggrin:
      he didn't actually give you any obvious signs though. pretty well played by him :D

Originally posted by pokerboy198229
      Only one thing to consider for u, is your bet on on the flop. If he missed completely he wil fold and u will miss the value of his c-bet. Like, Mikey says "Check raise the devil". And he would c-bet bluff because its a perfect board for him to rap a big hand.
      yeah, that's right but bb (the raiser) checked :P
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Silver
      @Tomaloc

Thanks I missed that. I thought BTN was the pre-flopraiser
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tatarken,

Preflop: Fold it preflop? Why do you even Call it? You wont play profitable your hand by calling.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Bet the flop? How many worse hands pay you here 3 streets mate. :( Try to at least think what he could have worse, I just can't see that many. Kinda overplayed your hand, whilst also being deep.

Best Regards.