Live Poker

• ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      Hi, I'll be playing tomorrow with some friends live poker. I have read the articles from Poker Strategy but I'd like to ask you guys if you know other articles and suggestions on how should I play and about body language read in live poker.

• 6 replies
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      use your position

What I normally do in live games as there is so many bad players is when im in a late position in raise big because a lot of people like to limp into every pot, so if I have AK and 4 players have limped in plus the blinds for like 100 I would make it about 700-900 so it makes it expensive for anyone to call.

this will normally make 2 or 3 players fold then if you hit the flop bet about half the pot and you should take it down

This is just a strategy I found profitible in my live games as so many bad players just want to see a flop every hand so you want to play your good hands against as few people as possible so you not getting you AA cracked by a donk that limps in with J2s

play your big hands agressive and lift as many chips as you can punish the players looking to hit there draws
    • ninuu
      ninuu
      Bronze
      Thanks for the suggestions, yeah they all will be fishes, except 2 persons who know a little bit about the game.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Ninuu!

This might be a bit late, but I guess this isn't the last time you are going to play live with your friends?

These articles will help you with your questions about live poker: Live poker articles

Good luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      If they are all amateurs I find that they are really gullible as hell! Whenever I hit something, top pair or better... Its very easy to just pretend you are thinking about whatever you do for a very long time, like you are so unsure. Almost every single time I do this they think I have a weak hand... Even when I actually say stuff like... hmm I donno.... haha. Like Im that stupid to say stuff like that when I got shit. Oh and I add in a little comment that I think they are bluffing before I call or bet. Cant believe it works but it does :)
    • StrategyLofthouse
      StrategyLofthouse
      Silver
      Originally posted by noz03
      If they are all amateurs I find that they are really gullible as hell! Whenever I hit something, top pair or better... Its very easy to just pretend you are thinking about whatever you do for a very long time, like you are so unsure. Almost every single time I do this they think I have a weak hand... Even when I actually say stuff like... hmm I donno.... haha. Like Im that stupid to say stuff like that when I got shit. Oh and I add in a little comment that I think they are bluffing before I call or bet. Cant believe it works but it does :)
      I want to join this game :P
    • vytas3d
      vytas3d
      Bronze
      Try using poker leveling everytime. Don't hurry to make decissions. And use your position as a greatest gun :) you can float many amateur players. And avoid bluffing on a calling stations.

1st Level: Your cards

2nd Level: What does your opponent have

3rd Level: What does your opponent think you have

4th Level: What does your opponent think you think he has

5th level: What does your opponent think you think he thinks you have