hello everyone

• Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Hi guys! My name is Rihards. I an originally from Latvia, but I have been settled for about 4 years now in Scotland, UK. I'm a computing 3rd year student, and kinda found couple months ago passion for this game in which I want to progress quite a lot! I've signed up on this site for a while, have read some of the articles, had my $50 BR, which I wasted due to bad play, but somehow didn't manage to use the forums for advice or to learn some more techniques of good poker apart from articles. So, I will try to be more active on the forums discussing my hands and hopefully exceed my limits on the table as a good poker player! Good luck to me! :f_biggrin:
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hello there Rihards and welcome to our community!

So, you've learned your lesson hopefully and will pay lots of attention this time round? :)

Maybe you would like to start a blog, that way you could discuss strategy with likeminded people? Other suggestions are to join the NL Beginners Course, just click the link at the bottom of this post for more information. It's free and you can join at anytime during the course.

Make sure to use the hand evaluation forums a lot, the hand judges know what they're talking about and will put you onto the right path. Just post any hand that made you think, or you felt uncomfortable about the way you played, it doesn't matter if you lost or won.

If you need any further help, just ask ok?

Best regards for now and have fun! =)

Mal
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Thanks Mal for the kind response! I actually just made a thread to start my NL Course, thanks for an advice. Definitely will pay more attention to what's going on in my play and use the advantage of forums from now on! :f_love:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      And by the way I just posted a hand I played today.

Was it a good move?

The problem I think I have is that sometimes can't just fold a hand pre-flop if I see good cards in my hand. :(
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Jusy doing what you're doing puts you streets ahead of the opposition!

I'm glad you joined the course as well, you'll learn lots of good things there. So you see, you're a winner already! :s_cool:

Have a nice weekend.

Mal.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Hehe, thanks. I am working on the weekends, so won't be that good. :f_biggrin:

But I insist that you have nice weekends. :s_cool:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey Rihard4a and welcome to the community!

just replied in your hand thread, but i didn't see you created a thread in the NL beginner's course. good choice! :f_thumbsup:

anyway, i hope my response was helpful. and good luck in the course!

Lewis.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Here is the thread if you still can't spot it.

Rihard4a

And thanks for your reply in the other thread!
    • FinleySimmons
      FinleySimmons
      Basic
      Hello, I am new here.