This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ NL4 SH - DB flop?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: I have a few hands vs CO but I still think these values are relatively small, so didn't want to rely too heavily on stats here. I decide to flat since I think I will ISO myself against better by 3b'ing or have to fold to a 4b.

Flop: I think checking at all is a mistake here since the board is wet and we are multiway, therefore the PFA'r may refrain from c-betting as a bluff here.

I decided to x/rai-broke at the time due to the board texture, but in hindsight I think I only ISO myself against better without knowing the opp's more.

I think DB'ing the flop would be better here, but not sure whether to DB/fold or DB/3b-broke. If I knew villian plays draws or TP+ aggressively then it would be an easy DB/3b IMO. (I dont consider DB/call an options since we are OOP and the board is wet so we cant really play for pot control)

Ty in advance

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.00 - unknown
      UTG: $4.00
      MP: $4.00
      CO: $4.39 - 17/12/1/6/29/85
      BTN: $5.08 - unknown
      Hero (SB): $5.35

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.48, 4 players) 7:diamond: 5:heart: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $4.96 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.46

Turn: ($10.40, 2 players) 5:diamond:

River: ($10.40, 2 players) T:club:

Hero shows J:heart: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 84%, Flop 58%, Turn 75%)
      BTN mucks 8:heart: 2:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 16%, Flop 42%, Turn 25%)
      Hero wins $9.88
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

You ain't 3betting it for value but you are Check/Raising the flop? Mate you have a serious leak, why would you ever consider Check/Raising such a flop where you are just making worse to fold and better continue?

I'd rather prefer leading out here and protecting our hand than Check/Raising which is just waste of money.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      would you be DB/folding vs a raise here and would you still play the same way HU? The only reason I decided to x/rai broke here at all is because during the hand I realised that checking was stupid, but now that I had already checked I can hardly c/c on such a board or c/f.

Thanks Veriz