[NL2-NL10] JJ NL4 SH - DB flop?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: I have a few hands vs CO but I still think these values are relatively small, so didn't want to rely too heavily on stats here. I decide to flat since I think I will ISO myself against better by 3b'ing or have to fold to a 4b.

Flop: I think checking at all is a mistake here since the board is wet and we are multiway, therefore the PFA'r may refrain from c-betting as a bluff here.

I decided to x/rai-broke at the time due to the board texture, but in hindsight I think I only ISO myself against better without knowing the opp's more.

I think DB'ing the flop would be better here, but not sure whether to DB/fold or DB/3b-broke. If I knew villian plays draws or TP+ aggressively then it would be an easy DB/3b IMO. (I dont consider DB/call an options since we are OOP and the board is wet so we cant really play for pot control)

Ty in advance

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $4.00 - unknown
      UTG: $4.00
      MP: $4.00
      CO: $4.39 - 17/12/1/6/29/85
      BTN: $5.08 - unknown
      Hero (SB): $5.35

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, Hero calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.48, 4 players) 7:diamond: 5:heart: 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BTN raises to $4.96 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.46

Turn: ($10.40, 2 players) 5:diamond:

River: ($10.40, 2 players) T:club:

Hero shows J:heart: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 84%, Flop 58%, Turn 75%)
      BTN mucks 8:heart: 2:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 16%, Flop 42%, Turn 25%)
      Hero wins $9.88
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

You ain't 3betting it for value but you are Check/Raising the flop? Mate you have a serious leak, why would you ever consider Check/Raising such a flop where you are just making worse to fold and better continue?

I'd rather prefer leading out here and protecting our hand than Check/Raising which is just waste of money.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      would you be DB/folding vs a raise here and would you still play the same way HU? The only reason I decided to x/rai broke here at all is because during the hand I realised that checking was stupid, but now that I had already checked I can hardly c/c on such a board or c/f.

Thanks Veriz