This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Q8s NL4 SH - SB vs BB

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Is the open here too loose vs an unknown?

Flop: C-bet vs some weaker PP's and random floats? I decided to c/c in this instance because I thought that it would be less likely that villain calls with weaker QX or PP's, random floats (maybe I give my opp's too much credit?) so decided to bluff induce instead ( I guess I am making a rather wild assumption vs an unknown?) / kind of go for pot control ( I wasn't quite sure which)

Turn: Since I had chosen a bluff induce approach I thought it would be weird to now donk the turn, so decided to continue with this line. When he checks behind I think he has given up and won't bluff again on the river and would rather go to showdown.

River: Doesn't really change much IMO unless he's decided to chk behind Q9+, 4x, QJ or hit 77's full on the river so I decided to make a blockbet/thin value bet since I didnt expect him to bluff the river but I think he will call weaker pairs some of the time since my hand strength is for the most part under repped.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): $4.18
      BB: $7.50 - unknown
      UTG: $8.41
      MP: $4.52
      CO: $4.19
      BTN: $9.13

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 8:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) Q:club: 4:diamond: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.78, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($0.78, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

Hero shows 8:heart: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Fours) (Pre 58%, Flop 95%, Turn 95%)
      BB mucks T:spade: J:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fours) (Pre 42%, Flop 5%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $1.22
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: If you have looser opening range then you should also adjust your opening size on the SB, especially if you play SH.

As played
      Postflop: Either make a realistic Bet on the river to maybe get called from Jx or just Check/Call the river, such a block-bet doesn't achieve much, rather missing value from Jx.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      If you have looser opening range then you should also adjust your opening size on the SB, especially if you play SH.

I assume by this you mean raise a smaller amount, therefore it doesn't have to work as often in order to be profitable?

Either make a realistic Bet on the river to maybe get called from Jx or just Check/Call the river, such a block-bet doesn't achieve much, rather missing value from Jx.

By this I assume you mean at least 1/2 pot?

Thanks