[NL2-NL10] Q8s NL4 SH - SB vs BB

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Is the open here too loose vs an unknown?

Flop: C-bet vs some weaker PP's and random floats? I decided to c/c in this instance because I thought that it would be less likely that villain calls with weaker QX or PP's, random floats (maybe I give my opp's too much credit?) so decided to bluff induce instead ( I guess I am making a rather wild assumption vs an unknown?) / kind of go for pot control ( I wasn't quite sure which)

Turn: Since I had chosen a bluff induce approach I thought it would be weird to now donk the turn, so decided to continue with this line. When he checks behind I think he has given up and won't bluff again on the river and would rather go to showdown.

River: Doesn't really change much IMO unless he's decided to chk behind Q9+, 4x, QJ or hit 77's full on the river so I decided to make a blockbet/thin value bet since I didnt expect him to bluff the river but I think he will call weaker pairs some of the time since my hand strength is for the most part under repped.

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): $4.18
      BB: $7.50 - unknown
      UTG: $8.41
      MP: $4.52
      CO: $4.19
      BTN: $9.13

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has 8:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) Q:club: 4:diamond: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.78, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($0.78, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

Hero shows 8:heart: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Fours) (Pre 58%, Flop 95%, Turn 95%)
      BB mucks T:spade: J:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fours) (Pre 42%, Flop 5%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $1.22
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: If you have looser opening range then you should also adjust your opening size on the SB, especially if you play SH.

As played
      Postflop: Either make a realistic Bet on the river to maybe get called from Jx or just Check/Call the river, such a block-bet doesn't achieve much, rather missing value from Jx.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      If you have looser opening range then you should also adjust your opening size on the SB, especially if you play SH.

I assume by this you mean raise a smaller amount, therefore it doesn't have to work as often in order to be profitable?

Either make a realistic Bet on the river to maybe get called from Jx or just Check/Call the river, such a block-bet doesn't achieve much, rather missing value from Jx.

By this I assume you mean at least 1/2 pot?

Thanks