[NL2-NL10] AKo NL4SH - SB vs BU open, 3b/flat?

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Preflop: Not many hands to go on but villain seems LP. His ATS was only 16% (4/25). My plan was actually to play 3b/fold here since I don't think villain will 4b worse but I still expect him to call 3b's with dominated hands such as AJ/AQ, KQ. However, overall I still think I am isolating myself against a stronger range preflop as I only expect him to continue with TT+ and AJ+ and 4b QQ+ although not always.

Flop: I think I can get Ace-high to fold and TT/JJ to fold here, but if I get called and miss the turn then I have no plan and am pretty much c/f'ing here so I just decided to save my money and c/f the flop.

This brings me back to the preflop decision and as a result is it not better to flat preflop to keep villains dominated range in? Obviously if i play more hands with this opponent and see him calling 3b's loosely and c/f'ing postflop often then I can 3b ISO wider for value, fold to his 4b's and fire away postflop either for value or as a bluff depending on the board.

Cheers

PartyGaming - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $2.10
      UTG: $4.37
      CO: $5.91
      BTN: $3.15 27/8/2/0/50/62
      Hero (SB): $4.00

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.16, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, BTN calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.00, 2 players) 3:diamond: 4:heart: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.71, fold

BTN wins $0.95
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Preflop: Why do you 3bet against a guy who has PFR of 8, do you think you can even do it for value whilst he also open 4bb. If you don't plan to do it for value then why do you 3bet in first place?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment on such a board.

Best Regards.