HM2 alias

• pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Hi! Is there a way to set up a default alias to start when hem starts? I currently have 2 aliases, one for stars, and one for party. But I am playing on party just occasionally, and on stars everyday. So when I start my session and HEM, I need the stars alias to be active. However, each time HEM starts, it brings up my party alias and I need to change the alias manually. I am surprised that HEM doesn't save last active alias to start as active next time HEM is started. Is it a bug or can I set my default alias somewhere?
  • 10 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      What you are talking about is a screenname and not an alias.
      Usually HM should save the screenname you lastly selected.
      If this is not working in your installation you can create an alias containing both your stars and party screenname: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/7/Current+Player+%7B47%7D+Aliases
      and select this alias for the reports.
      If this is not working too we need to take a deeper look into your configuration.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Hi, netsrak. I was hoping to avoid merging the aliases, but following your advice I did it. Now my alias contains both the stars and party player. However, after restarting, default selected player is again the party player, which is very odd. So it still shows me no stars graphs until I manually switch player. Help ?(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Which operating system?
      Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

The selected player is saved in the file holdemmanager.config under c:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\holdemmanager
      so it seems like something on your computer is preventing this file from being written or restores it after you changed the player.
      The line with this info is
      <Key Name="TargetPlayer" Value="Hero" />

You can open holdemmanager.config with a texteditor like notepad to check this value. Check it before you open HM2, after you changed the player name and before you restart HM2
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      My OS is Win7 32-bit.
      Anti-virus is AVG Free edition. So just simple protection.

Weird thing about this configuration file is that hero player is the stars player, but when I open HEM, it again starts with the party player. I don't know what's going on. Seems like one of those problems that will get solved only after a re-installation :(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      You can try to rename the file and start HM2 with a fresh configuration.
      Please close HM2 before renaming the file.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      You can try to rename the file and start HM2 with a fresh configuration.
      Please close HM2 before renaming the file.
      Thank you for your patience with my questions. So, in the users folder I have a holdemmanager.config file. Did you mean I could just manually rename it to e.g. xyz.config? And there is also a holdemmanager.config.bak file. Should I rename it too?

I have tried writing my stars player in that file manually and then saving it. However, after I do, and then restart HEM, my party player is still there, and when I reopen the file manually, somehow the party name is written again in it.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      yes, rename both files and start with a fresh configuration.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      yes, rename both files and start with a fresh configuration.
      Does renaming both files mean that I am starting with a fresh configuration? Or should I do something more? Because I renamed the files to xyz.config and xyz.config.bak, checked that they both had the stars player set as default, and HEM still started with the party player :(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      After renaming the files you should start with a fresh configuration and you need to reconfigure your database connection and some other things.

If this didn't work you are probably looking in the wrong folder. If you installed HM2 as user1 and are now starting it as user2 this may happen.
    • pepsico
      pepsico
      Bronze
      Thank you for your patience, netsrak. I sure have lost mine. I will give up on trying to make it work because I was planning to move my HEM2 installation to my second disk with a newer version of windows. I will let you know if everything goes well :)