Zoom Winrates vs Normal Winrates?

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I just moved from Zoom to normal cash tables, and wow does it make a difference for bb/100 especially with good table selection.

I was wondering if many people's $/hr is higher on Zoom or normal Cash tables. Mine is definitely higher with normal cash tables and I'm gonna stick with them for sure.

Has anyone done a study on it or anything? Because obviously zoom hands/hr is much higher but I don't think the extra volume is enough to make up for it...

What works better for you guys winrates? Zoom? Or Normal?
  • 5 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Your hourly(bb/hands * hands/hr + rb) is not the only thing that matters.

You should also consider the effect it has on your speed of progression through the stakes.

Also you know that even on a sample like 100k hands your winrate is very volatile and can be easily +/- 5 from what your real one is, right?

Imo focusing on learning, playing 5-6 regular tables and rapid progression through stakes is more +EV in the longterm but I'm open for discussion :D .
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Your hourly(bb/hands * hands/hr + rb) is not the only thing that matters.

You should also consider the effect it has on your speed of progression through the stakes.

Also you know that even on a sample like 100k hands your winrate is very volatile and can be easily +/- 5 from what your real one is, right?

Imo focusing on learning, playing 5-6 regular tables and rapid progression through stakes is more +EV in the longterm but I'm open for discussion :D .
      Yes, I agree with this too. I think the semi-anonymity of Zoom leads to a almost entirely formula based play. Which is very good for learning the very bottom layer of fundamental ABC poker, I think it's really good as the very first place to start for learning how to play cash games.

I think regular tables are a lot more engaging for the brain, and I found it much more enjoyable on the few occasions I tested it out. I've only played about 2000 hands normal tables, but I do think it is better.
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      dont focus on your winrate etc... when you just played 2000 hands, watch videos/ go to the hand evaluation section on this site, study the articles etc... when you just start whit poker i realy think you shouldnt play zoom poker but open 2 to 4 regular tables and play them and evaluate after!

My Blog
    • FaTDoGBG
      FaTDoGBG
      Bronze
      I prefer normal tables as well. Zoom seems to be quite tough for me and people are quite nitty. On normal tables I depend on reads and statistics, the image of the player overall. whereas on Zoom this is not so efficient cuz I can't see how opponents play their hands. My winrates on normal tables is much much higher :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      on zoom you just have to be one step ahead of the competition.
      if people aren't caring about dynamics and adjusting to opponents (common up to nl10-, even nl25), then you should

i like notes of the type "how does he play his big hands" and "what's the least that i can do for him to fold", it's surprising that there are people that open for 3bb and just snapfold vs a 7bb.
      when i'm not too lazy i review the biggest pots to see how people are stacking off.

of course winrates on normal tables should be higher mostly because it's easier to table select and pick on fish. you can have position on them for the whole game and on zoom fish are tighter (obv)

- fr50 zoom reg