This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo (#19 by dember)

• dember
      dember
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.78
      BU:
      $2.14
      SB:
      $2.02
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $0.74
      MP2:
      $3.07
      MP3:
      $2.49

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      CO posts deadblind, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, MP1 calls $0.12, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.47) Q, 6, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.06, CO folds, Hero calls $0.06.
      Decided to float here. In hindsight, I guess I could even raise, given his small bet is a sign of weak hand.

Turn: ($0.59) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, MP1 raises to $0.53, Hero calls $0.23.

River: ($1.65) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.65.
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: yeah I am probably not c-betting here either unless I know they are both very tight and fold often. Against such a small bet I think c/c'ing is fine here, even in terms of pot odds, especially if we give ourselves 6 outs for an A/K (plus our BDSD) but these may not be clean. Still I don't think we can fold to such a small bet, I would basically treat it as a check.

Not sure about x/rai the flop on such a wet board. I think we will actually be ahead often enough to c/c here and get great odds to catch and Ace or King. I think we would unnecessarily turn our hand into a bluff.

Turn: I think raise/broke here is good. Against such a short stack I would assume he goes broke with weaker pair (QX, KX) and draws here.

I would expect to see a draw here much more often due to his small bets on Flop and Turn. I find a lot of players do this as kind of a semi-bluff with their draws. Their thinking being that it will allow them to see the next card cheaply or allow them to bet/fold cheaply if they get raised and are not willing to stack off if they are behind.

Conclusion: I guess sometimes he will have some 2pr+ type hands and we are boned but given that I think there are weaker pairs and draws in his b/c'ing range and villain is a shorty raise/broke vs his turn bet should be profitable IMO.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dember,

Preflop: Could easily isolate it a lot bigger whilst being OOP + so many limpers.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Fold the flop, you can't show profit in long run with your Check/Call, you will rarely know where you stand if you in case even hit. And exactly this even happens.

Best Regards.