[NL2-NL10] nl AK

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($0.52)
      BB ($0.83)
      Hero (UTG) ($2.13)
      MP1 ($2.04)
      CO ($2.29)
      Button ($0.99)
      SB ($4.27)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
      Hero bets $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.23) 10, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO raises $0.40, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.55

Bet fold ok? should i have check called? so as not to of lost as much?
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Your preflop bet was horrible, don't make it 0.10. Only 0.08 w BSS.

Your opponent makes nearly a min raise there, whether to induce you to bluff or just to make you stay in the pot. That's just a bad situation there, and I think I would fold on that board. Calling could be an option, and then you could re-evaluate it on the turn. If he keeps betting, fold. But 3-bet shove would be too risky on that board.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      i ended up adding another BB due to the fact that i would be out of position for the hand
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Your preflop bet was horrible, don't make it 0.10. Only 0.08 w BSS.

Your opponent makes nearly a min raise there, whether to induce you to bluff or just to make you stay in the pot. That's just a bad situation there, and I think I would fold on that board. Calling could be an option, and then you could re-evaluate it on the turn. If he keeps betting, fold. But 3-bet shove would be too risky on that board.
      it's totally fine to add another bb being OOP - i wouldn't say it is "horrible" :D
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I think if you check this flop you will deffentially see villain bet him self, I don't mind your bet on the flop, I would have done the same.
      Even tho it's a really horrible flop to see! and we also have to bet the turn most of the time here, however villain raises your bet, I think it's safest to fold here.
      Not sure if we can play for potcontrol here?

Do you make it 5BB everytime your OOP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrRaab,

Nah, seems to be fine. I wouldn't play much differently than maybe the raise preflop which may just make easy to read our hand. But I wouldn't say it's the case on those limits. :D

Best Regards.