[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh KQo OOP vs aggro CO

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $4.17 (41.7 bb)
      MP: $18.14 (181.4 bb)
      CO: $12.66 (126.6 bb)
      BTN: $10.11 (101.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $13.80 (138 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($0.70) 7 7 K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO raises to $2.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($7) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7, Hero folds

villain = 22/17/3.8 over 233. his AF is 8.8.

i really messed this hand up and i can't really think of a good line to play here, other than just fold it preflop - i thought my hand was too weak to 3bet especially against such an aggro guy, and too strong to fold so i just flatted. the problem is playing OOP :(

board misses a lot of his range and i dont believe he is opening a 7x hand even in CO, so i X/C. i decided to donk out on the turn but i didn't plan ahead and ended up telling myself i could be ahead which is why i called. then i obviously had no idea what to do on the river so i X/F. i should have just folded to the raise on the turn?

is it a fold preflop? is it a donk otf? X/C flopm X/F turn? or maybe i can just call him down.. im not sure.
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi DrD!

I don't know about his steal stats but if you want to play this hand it's 3b or fold pre imo. If you 3b you're going to take it down very often on the flop.

If he has a low ft3b stat then fold is probably the best option. I think the worst you can do is just call.

Ras
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hi DrD!

I don't know about his steal stats but if you want to play this hand it's 3b or fold pre imo. If you 3b you're going to take it down very often on the flop.

If he has a low ft3b stat then fold is probably the best option. I think the worst you can do is just call.

Ras
      yeah im not 100% confident in these spots. like if i 3bet, i don't see him folding much so im playing with this hand OOP in a 3bet pot. if i flat call and i DO hit, then i also don't know how to play. i dont think folding is a great idea tho, but i cant see how 3betting is for value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Against an aggressive player you don't really want to donk the turn, you rather let him take stabs on you. And if you Bet/Call the turn then there is no way we can lay down on the river vs his line as we are bluff-catching him.

Best Regards.