[NL2-NL10] KQo squeeze and turn flush

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $13.70 (137 bb)
      BTN: $8.28 (82.8 bb)
      SB: $4.98 (49.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.85) J 3 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($6.85) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.75 and is all-in, BTN folds

really not sure about my line here. firstly, i decided to squeze since CO seemed quite tight and BTN was fishy.

next, i wasn't sure whether to Cbet, but i thought that since i have the Q high flush draw i could go ahead with it. i didn't really plan beyond that and once i hit i wasn't sure whether to get it in or check. given the stack-pot ratio i decided to just get it in thinking he might cal with a weaker flush, but i think i might have just turned my hand into a bluff.. what would a better play be here?
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey DrD!

You say that CO is tight? Then squeezing might not be the best option pre. If he's going to fold a lot to 3b then it's fine, but if he is only openraising his very good hands, then he's never going to fold the the squeeze. And I think Veriz is going to say that your squeeze should be bigger.

Ott I think you can also check/call to let weaker flushes continue with the hand. If I have a low flush there and a dude shoves pot I would probably fold as well.

Ras
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: We can't Call it that easily anyways here and instead should be squeezing, the fishy player might even pay us with worse. But I wouldn't say that squeeze should be much bigger, we are forcing them to make mistakes already and the fish has rather smaller stack.
      Postflop: Although you should definitely CB it a bit smaller and instead shoving the turn and rarely getting called from worse you should Check/Call it and reevaluate the further actions.

Best Regards.