This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQo squeeze and turn flush

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $13.70 (137 bb)
      BTN: $8.28 (82.8 bb)
      SB: $4.98 (49.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.85) J 3 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($6.85) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.75 and is all-in, BTN folds

really not sure about my line here. firstly, i decided to squeze since CO seemed quite tight and BTN was fishy.

next, i wasn't sure whether to Cbet, but i thought that since i have the Q high flush draw i could go ahead with it. i didn't really plan beyond that and once i hit i wasn't sure whether to get it in or check. given the stack-pot ratio i decided to just get it in thinking he might cal with a weaker flush, but i think i might have just turned my hand into a bluff.. what would a better play be here?
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey DrD!

You say that CO is tight? Then squeezing might not be the best option pre. If he's going to fold a lot to 3b then it's fine, but if he is only openraising his very good hands, then he's never going to fold the the squeeze. And I think Veriz is going to say that your squeeze should be bigger.

Ott I think you can also check/call to let weaker flushes continue with the hand. If I have a low flush there and a dude shoves pot I would probably fold as well.

Ras
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: We can't Call it that easily anyways here and instead should be squeezing, the fishy player might even pay us with worse. But I wouldn't say that squeeze should be much bigger, we are forcing them to make mistakes already and the fish has rather smaller stack.
      Postflop: Although you should definitely CB it a bit smaller and instead shoving the turn and rarely getting called from worse you should Check/Call it and reevaluate the further actions.

Best Regards.