What are Realistic Earnings?

• pepeelpewRNMD
      pepeelpewRNMD
      Bronze
      Hello, I am studying the game of Poker and I will study a lot before play with real money. I'd like to ask things for experienced and profitable players :

1. As a newbie, what can I expect to earn on hourly basis?

2. It is possible to earn 20USD hourly on Limit Games?

3. How many tables/ which kind of tables should I play (I mean, 5 tables on 0.50/1? More? Less?

Thank you very much, all your comments will be very helpful
  • 6 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      as a newbie, i'd recommend you to start from the very bottom (nl2 for cash games) and move up with good bankroll management. the basic articles cover that i guess

i'll give some smartass answers to your questions (all not counting rakeback and bonuses):

1. maybe $1 in a few weeks if you are dedicated
      2. takes a good while to reach the required level
      3. as many as you are comfortable with. 2 is a good start

i had a $7 hourly on nl25 2-tabling zoom which is not a huge amount of effort. still getting a sample on nl50
    • DrKillByDeath187
      DrKillByDeath187
      Bronze
      1 Depends on your skill
      2 Yes
      3 Depends on your skill
    • pepeelpewRNMD
      pepeelpewRNMD
      Bronze
      @Tomaloc
      Thank you for this explanation, I forgot to ask about limit game. Can I achieve that with limit games?

@DrKillByDeath187
      Thank you too
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      nl50/nl100 for a decent $/hourly

depends how much $ you need to live in ur country, euro countries stuffs are more expensive than china for example

countries where u need $500 to live per month u can easily do that by grinding nl10/nl25
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      on limit... good question :f_biggrin:
      now i'll talk about things that i know nothing about so i'd like limit players to bash me:

i think that yeah, it's all achievable. but on long term prospects, limit should be one of the first games to be "solved"... (to the point of it not being possible to have enough edge over average regulars in reasonable stakes games)
      best long term prospects should be on PLO but that's a sick sick game. :f_biggrin:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      limit ring games are still extremely far from being solved, so we don't have to worry about that :)

to OP's questions:
      1) you'll probably make nothing or lose slightly until you get better
      2) yes, it's "easy"
      3) whatever you're comfortable with, i generally play 3-5 shorthanded tables