I'm Just Too Good to Be True - Talic's Road to Poker Stardom

• Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Hi and Hello,

I am Talic, but I play with another nickname (for privacy), I started to play online in January, this year. I wanted to start play online and somehow I had find Pokerstrategy.com so I didnt have to deposit my own money. =)

Actually I had my own Blog (It was more likely just introducing with PS and PartyPoker) in the Newcomer Forum so if you want then take a look, under that another (funny or important) threads by me :P :

Bonus from quiz - it is possible transfer it on already exist. play money acc.?

Database Imported but no stats in Overview, Analyse and so on, Elephant 0.49

New Monitor

SNG $3 Pokerstrategy Video by helemaalnicks

I'm 20 years old guy, from Czech republic, lets say near Prague, You dont know other cities in CR anyway :tongue: . I just studied high-school, at this time I should have been graduating but what happened, I was interested in everything but school so I hadn't school attendance :rolleyes: , hopefully I'll pass the graduation in September. And then hurray to economy university...

Author's comment:

I dont like to say my nickname because I am not that good to be faced (maybe) hordes of treasure-fish-hunters.

I am also playing live-poker with friends from my city. But in last months that was absolutely unprofitable, I have lost so so much money :( . We play in 3-4 people, every player has to post BB, without rasing preflop. Postflop it is No Limit but withnout check-raising or raise-reraise-rereraising.

All of them play so agressive that almost every hand is all-in or nearly that, I am way too tight becaose I dont want to rebuy again and again. They arent poker pro's, they dont even know odds of hitting your str8 from OESD. I only hope they arent cheating (in dealing cards and board, I dont know it is hard or not), so if you have some useful suggestion let me know to improve my game :P .

...In start of my online poker career I have played some wierd SSS and when I won enought to full buy-in I continued playing something like BSS. It works so I little bit boosted-up my balance. How the time continued I switched to BSS, on NL5, partypoker. I liked it here, It wasnt difficuilt here and I was lazy (and frightened :( ) to move up. So I just highered up the balance and I didn't higher the stakes. At some moment I found out that I was actually playing for some crap money (when you have 500$ balance and you're playing NL5, than the 5 bucks dont mean anything to you, so I started to play bad)...

Author's comment:

Honestly I didnt know what to do and I wasnt taking poker that seriously in that time...another worries than poker... you know... when I had free time I played it for fun, or when I came earlier from pub I played for fun :baby: . Actually I never was that bad to start loosing but to bring a stop is almost equally bad as be in downswing.

...The best players say that position is the most important thing in poker, Pokerstrategy says that it is the strategy, from my personal opinion and experience all of you're so wrong ;) . The most important thing is dont be feared and dont start tilting toward any reason. Fear is trully mind killer and when you're affraid of loosing you will stagnate and therefore start tilting, then you want to boost your bankroll again so you go to NL50 (when you were ordinary NL5 player). The answer in 95% wouldnt please you...

Author's comment:

And after you pass this (actually noone will absolutely pass this but after you'll start really taking poker as a game of variance in some point and understand that if your Aces against Kings preflop have to hold up, they must also in 1/5 time loose) than the most important thing for you will be game reading, reading your oponents. And then is here some space for strategy and position :tongue: .

Every single moderator will tell you stick to the strategy, but you never should do that against your reads. Because than you could be very easily playing only your hole cards, and Hold'em is very more complex game even on internet. What separates pro's from the others is the very game reading.

...Back to the main topic. I think I worked on my attitude to poker and on the psyche too. My old LCD made a little home party with some flaming :] , but he actually didnt recovered. So I bought BRAND NEW 24" LCD BENQ in Black (which is actually silver X( ). For my old graphic card this is like road to Golgota, everyday again and again...

Author's comment:

So as you can see I would like to build up proper bankroll for investment in new computer (on the old one the monitor sometimes goes black for 1-2sec, even once it turned black for steadily, when I was calling all-in with Aces (which I didnt catch).

...So now I am multitabling NL10 and multitabling 1$SnG (when there are more tables which are being opened). Sometimes I play 3$SnG but I am little bit scared of the variance in this high-stakes (for me) SnG's. Sometimes I play LH 0.25/0.5 and sometimes NL25 or PL25 (but 2 tables max) I really had a terrible good-run on the SnG's yesterday, I have won like 5/6 1$SnG's and 2 (+one 2nd place) of the 3$ SnG's :D ...

...PSE-ICQ-Support just sent me patch and seems like everithing working, I have to figure out what everything means :D ...

Author's comment:

So now, with functional Poker Strategy Elephant I will play about 5k hands more on NL10 (6 up to 9 tables) and if the stats will be good I will move to NL25 entirely, still I have to consider if wouldnt be better FR for multitabling than SH.

You can recommend me any other software, Nowadays I am using only PS Equilator, so dont hesitate to help me :tongue:

I would like to update my PS Elephant stats here, and therefore I would like to know which stats are the most important and how many hands I need for some conclusions

...The last thing I have to say (probably) is my balance which is on 700$ (I have already 75 Euro cashed-out for something). So this thread should work like advaces&tips for me, I will really apreciate it...

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Author's epilogue:

I will update this first message in future (everithing important will be in this first message)

I want to make the first post well-arranged, colourfull and easy to read, I would like to hear some ideas for improvements

Original message:

comming sooon...

...please let the blog white til' I wrote the first, huge and very exiting message ;) This is really rest of mine, I had this in head for a long time so this at least will push me to do it asap

btw. I hope you dont mind the title (Timor)

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:

Most Memorable Moments:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, BB calls $0,04.

Flop: ($0,18) A:diamond: , T:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,16, Hero calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,50) 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,50) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB raises $2,22 (All-In), Hero calls $2,22.

Final Pot: $4,94 (what a shame that the guy had AK :D )

Author's comments:

Jan 14th: Thanks LuborC, I wish you also good SKILL at the tables ;) , If you want to contact me - ICQ: 339 373 375

Question of the week:

none
  • 43 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Hey Talic, nice to know I'm not the only person from the Czech Republic on this site!

Wish you the best of luck on the tables! Let's show them what we're made of!
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze

Poker Tracker Stats, from 1st of June

NL10 FR, NL25 SH

What kind of player I am, what to improve?

...and please dont write any idiot comments
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      You are limping too many hands preflop,a good TAG should have 7-20VPIP and a gap of 7-8 between VPIP and PFR.Also, too high went to showdown and too low agression factor, but thats normal, given the amount of limped pots you play.
      But yet again, the sample size is too small.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      As a rule of a thumb - the PFR % should be at least 50% of the VPIP percent, even more. This applies for both SH and FR.

And pls say what do you play, SH or FR, because your tracker doesn't display it :/
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Talic

You are playing way too loose. I suggest to read the articles in the NL section again: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/#bronze
      Furthermore I can recommend to post sample hands in the hand posting forums.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1458

Posting hands is the key to improve your game.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I have some important questions. I would like to know opinion from one of the moderators of from Platinum+ Member

I want play with the biggest advantage from the beginning, so...

1) I have balance for NL25 but in fact I made that bankroll on NL5 so I never played NL10 regulary, should I play the NL10 or try NL25 ?

2) I want be multitabling whole lot (9tables) so I have to be c-beting a lot.. big problem on NL10, so I need software of some kind. Actually I have PAHud (full v.), PT3 trial and PSE (full v.).

so the problem is, which of them is the best (I very like the stats setting in PAHud)

The stats will be my eyes, I need it to be easy to set (like colourfull), setable range...
      3) Should I download some PAHud databases (I saw few on german forum)?

4) If you know about any page about the HUD setting. I found some acricles on Cardrunners (but all of that is for 6 man-tables) I want this setting very perfect, every important stat I want to be displayed. And there can be also set colors for intervals (VPIP 40+ - red (loose, VPIP 20-40 - orange (looser) VPIP 0-10 - green, and so on) On the PAHud i can move the stats in the name column, do I actually need the name of oponents when I will have stats?... but remember the stats have to be visible while 9 tables and 24' LCD

this question is crucial, link would be perfect

Thanks for loooong and interesting answers!
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Hi Talic,

as you mentioned the software you need, is to automatically choose c-bet, so search for autohotkey scripts. Also i think on NL10 there is no need to use stats especially if you're 9-tabling. Of course in miniview its hard to concentrate on them.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Although I'm not platinum+ member or admin I try to give you a link where to get the useful c-bet script but be warned - I may be not skilled enough to answer you beginner questions so if you feel like it, ignore my post.

The link

PS. you can make the neccesery HUD layout here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/3/manual/ (it is a PokerAce manual)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      so peoples,

I'm going to vacations, for about 2 month. I hope I'll have no time for poker. Last week I played so bad, the variance was against me all the time. So I'll cash outt the money probably and will start from the very beggining, with 200$ on NL10. I have time to thing about how bad I play, how I'm in tilt that last week at least.

CU and fukital..

btw. on NL10 whoch VPIP/PFR should I have? and WTSD, WSD and with these stats how many BB/100 hands will I make

so once again, good bye cruel poker world for a time
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      FR or SH?

I play SH, my stats

VPIP: 21.5
      PFR: 17.2

WTSD: 25.84
      W$SD: 52.36

BB/100: u can't tell that, variance etc.... but something like 4 BB/100 over a great sample of hands must be possible
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Yesterday I played about 4k hands on NL10, but my computer crashed so I suspect that some hand historyes weren't save, so I have sample hands size 2,5k from yesterday.

VPIP 16,7
      PFR 7,8

WTSD:33
      W$SD:58,6

6,8BB/100 hands

FR, without stats
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      your sample is still small but basically the rule of a thumb for VPIP/PFR stats is that 2x PFR is more than VPIP(PFR is at least 50% of the VPIP in other words :) ).

Personally mine are 12,7/8,52 on NL50FR after about 20k hands. I've gradually made my game more aggressive pre-flop and I like it.

As for WTS - 21-22% is standart and W$SD should be above 50% :)

Don't limp in first(with very small exceptions.. for instance very loose and fishy tables, it may be better to limp/call a low pocket from UTG).

You should get a feeling about it sooner or later. Watch hasenbraten's videos, I learnt this and that after seeing them.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      OMFG, today I played almost poker of my life, never lost full stack, 2-4times half. But I thought I won about 4-6 buy-ins. You can see my stats, I think they are AWESOME! I'm 9-tabling

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beznzvuhe9.jpg

I have so darm nice 13/8 VPIP/PFR

awesome folding from blinds

the Att. to steal blinds is wierd, I think I should have here more %.

WTS/WASD awesome again!

I'm not sure about my AFs, there could be something to improve.

But I havent bad run today, It was... quite ordinary session, but I almost got cardiac arrest when I saw the BB/100 X( X( X(

What's wrong with the world?
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      NL25 SH isnt going well.. lost about 170$

today 10hours of 4table, I was about 125usd+ but in the end I got rivered by flush, rivered gutshot, turned full house. Lost 200BB stack with TPTK because of bad read, so its pretty fucked up.

btw. I played tonight - friday. So the limit was full of fishes and like 100x easier.

I hate poker, I didnt play soo wrong. Even Now I am playing QQ causinosly and I'm not going broke with Overpair.

And I had AA/KK in like every 50th hand on table so I had good card. I'm really pissed of becaose of the lost, REALLY. Probably going through the window, or computer is, doesnt matter.

Of today
      Gesamt 3410 20,5% 19,1% 12,0% 22,8% 87,5% 76,5% 2,0 5,6% 29,4% 54,2% 37,7% $84,23 -4,4 $-37,65 -150,6

I will never ever play poker again
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You need better table selection :D
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      You need better table selection :D
      baby I'm good, back to 21Buy-ins..means I am like -6BB/100hands so I am in good mood, like -120usd on NL25

table selection? wtf, I go to table with highest POT :P
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      The feer is growing, today.. about 2500 hands on NL25 SH, I had 6-7 4OAK, some A-high flushed against K-igh, AA vs. KK preflop, flopped like 20 sets, won about 10 buy-ins (so now I have 25 buy-ins :-D ) bad beats relatively tinny,

now I know when to fold overpair or check TPTK and workin' but I was running so HOT...

many full houses vs my higher full houses and so on.. flawless bets on river, get payed of..

few experiences: dont re-raise AK out of. pos. and if you do it (and get call) dont c-bet withnout K or A on flop. But in position I would check it also.

I dunno what to do with sets, I often raise them or re-raise becaose of flush draws on board. Dunno what with trips also. Cant bet it (cant fire the lethal shot) need to get payed of!

dunno what with set on board where are str8 posibilities and flush draw

dunno how to play from SB against BB!!!

dunno how to play AA-KK preflop. if I re-raise I kill every action
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      OK, now let's keep it clean for a while :)
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      actually I'm looking forward to clean it here little bit more, so I hope I would not make you more work that necessary

btw. my Holdem manager graps. What do you see from it, any major leaks?

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beznzvuyt6.gif

http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=97116130ur2.jpg

please help me improve my game - means find major leaks