Splashing The Pot: A Live Poker Blog.

• whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      I don't know if there are any live poker blogs or discussions here but I thought I'd start one and try to update it semi-regularly. I want to start reviewing my sessions so I thought this thread will make an interesting place to post some hands/results.

I have been playing live poker 15-20 hours a week since February and have been running incredibly well. Three quarters of my sessions are at 2/3 NLH and I play some 1/2 PLO, 2/5 NLH and 10/20 Limit Omaha High.

Here is a graph:

Here are the stats:

I will update with hand histories and some learnings later in the week.
  • 3 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Wow, live blog!

Welcome to our blogging section, we love blogs, and we loooove live blogs!

You look like you've done ok for yourself so far!

Looking forwards to the updates.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      I am also a predominatly live poker player, will follow.
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Back again. Been playing 25+ hours a week live the past 3 months and have improved my game incredibly.

I always thought I was disciplined but I had no idea what discipline meant until I grinded a month of a 20/40 mixed game of limit holdem and limit omaha (yes limit omaha). This really taught me about discipline and when I moved back to NLH it really helped. It really helped me eliminate all the small PF spew spots like opening K9s UTG or cold calling raises with T8s 100 bb deep. Live is really hard to stay 100% disciplined all the time.

What I tell pretty much every reg that asks me about live strat is that 40% of live poker is discipline, 40% is value betting well and super thin, 10% c-betting and barreling well, 10% other random plays.

Here are the years stats and graph for all games (mainly 600+ 2/3 and 2/4 NL):

It frustrates me how high the games are raked (10% capped at $12) but not much I can do about it. I will be playing a lot more over the next few months so it should be interesting.

Here is a couple of nice hands from 2/4 yesterday:

I open QTs to $20 from HJ over a limper and BU, BB and limper calls. Flop is QhJs8h it's checked to me, I bet $50 into $80 and only button calls. 3c on turn and I bet $100 into $180 and button calls. River 6d so it's QhJs8h 3c 6d, I check and the button shoves all-in $300 into $380. I make the call, he tables KJo and I win.

We all have $400 effective except button has $250ish and I open to $20 over a limper with 22 in HJ. Very loose player in the CO calls and BU makes it $55. Extremely loose playing in BB calls the $55 and me and the button call the $35 more. Flop is 752r and it is checked to the button who shoves $200 into $220. BB calls, I call and BU folds. Turn bricks and BB and I get the last $150 in. I scoop a nice $1100 pot.

It's quite ridiculous how good I've been running the past week. $4.4k in the last 24 hours. Can't complain.