50vp/10pr winning player?

• noz03
      Ok this is interesting for me so I just had to ask... is it possible for a player to have 50/10 stats and still be a winning player in the sngs?

So Im playing on $2 6man turbos and there was one super loose newbie who limps almost every hand and then plays super aggressive after the flop, also doesnt like to fold very much.... I put a note on him not to bluff him or give too much credit to his raises. Anyway I kept seeing this guy so decided to shark scope him... guy has a very steady 17% roi over 1500 games! Which actually whops my arse!

So how is this possible? The guy plays like a complete fish and hes beating me outright.... I'm a total study nerd, watched at least 30 hours of sng vids, even more on cash game play. I believe I play a very solid TAG game, know my maths when it comes to ICM....

And yes I am mostly just pissed coz hes beating me haha. But I also wanna learn from this dude.
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      If that is how he plays, he must be extremely confident post-flop.

The trick to playing like that is knowing when to let go.
      As long as people keep giving way to his aggression, he would be a fool to play any different.

There is an article that might help here:
      The 8 Player Types - How to Get Their Money
      It is specifically for cash games, but the principles may apply to some degree to SnGs.

I'll move this thread to the SNG strategy section.
      More people there will have insights.
    • kurrkabin
      Hi, noz03!

To answer your question shortly- No. I don't think so. For sure I haven't seen anybody through out the thousands of SnGs I played that could win playing 50/10. I don't think there is any trick to it. We can go over and over in analysis, but I just can't see any stage of an SnG, where playing 50/10 could be any good.

The stats you post by the way are not filtered, I narrowed his stats to 0-10 players range and he is a loosing player. Either way though, the sample is small. But I can assure you he's not gonna be winning if he continues with it.

• BObamaJr
      It's not hard to be profitable on Sky Poker.
    • noz03
      In 0-10 players he is negative roi? Oh that could kind of explain it I guess... I dont have a sharkscope membership so cant access filters. Though his graph seems very smooth for such a bad player. I know 1500 is not soo much but it was an almost perfect diagonal line. I was like wtf!
    • Toothless32
      In theory it should be possible, if you have really super big edge over the field. +its sng so everyone pays same amount of rake at the beggining making it more possible then at the cash games where rake per hand makes it super hard for loose players. 50/10 its little bit extreme though....