[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - KK on MP1

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+2: $9.82 (98.2 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $10.64 (106.4 bb)
      MP2: $8.87 (88.7 bb)
      MP3: $6.06 (60.6 bb)
      CO: $10.72 (107.2 bb)
      BTN: $17.54 (175.4 bb)
      SB: $16.45 (164.5 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)
      UTG+1: $9.81 (98.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.95) T A 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.67, MP2 calls $0.67

Turn: ($2.29) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, MP2 calls $1.45

River: ($5.19) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $6.35 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $5.19 pot ($0.28 rake)
      Final Board: T A 5 6 3
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$2.52 net)
      MP2 showed 9 T and won $4.91 ($2.39 net)

Again no info except he seemed like one of the typical loose passive guys.

I decided to bet the turn for a free showdown (didn't feel like betting the river small with an A on the flop), but on my check he went all-in.
      Thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      It's hard to get a free showdown by betting turn if your OOP. I think you should have checked the turn and maybe call it, maybe fold. If you had reads that he was loose passive, then Ax is often in his range and you should fold there.

You could have played this hand also Check/call 3 streets, maybe.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

You have to already ask how many worse hands pay you 2 streets there. But if we playing this way then of course we are also consider of rather giving up the river. ;)

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

You have to already ask how many worse hands pay you 2 streets there. But if we playing this way then of course we are also consider of rather giving up the river. ;)

Best Regards.
      i think it's better to c/c the flop. but if we choose to cb then we have to 2nd barrel?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nipbourne

Best Regards.
      i think it's better to c/c the flop. but if we choose to cb then we have to 2nd barrel?
      Vs assumed loose player easy CB for value even. So which also means 2nd barreling.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze

Best Regards.
      Vs assumed loose player easy CB for value even. So which also means 2nd barreling.
      but i think we can't cb for value even if he calls with Tx/GS, because he has too many Ax.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Best Regards.
      but i think we can't cb for value even if he calls with Tx/GS, because he has too many Ax.
      Well, but I think we can? So what we going to do now? :) Quite obvious that we are easily ahead on such a flop vs his whole range there, if you think differently nobody forces to use my evaluations, especially if you think I am wrong.