[NL2-NL10] Nl2 At

• EinsteinFranck
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.12) 3, T, A (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.24) 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, SB calls $0.16.

River: ($0.64) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $1.2.

Here is my analyze:

I need only 16% off equity to call. Even against 88+, AJ+, my equity to be ahead on the flop is 18% following equilator. So I call, knowing it could become a close hand.

Well, I flop almost the nuts. Against the mindonk, I hesitate to raise or not. I call hoping for a raise from the initial raiser. I also hope to take the cbet turn from the donker and the call of the initial raiser.
      I wonder after if raising from the flop would optimise value against AJ-AK.

Now some draws are possible. I raise to protect/take value from draws. I basically only fear 33, 99 that still can be in Villain's range.

Villain checks on a blank. I decide to value bet around half pot. I want to make money from A9, AJ+. Maybe also a weird JJ-QQ slowplayed (microlimit).
      I wonder if a stronger bet wouldn't be better. Something around 2/3 or 3/4. A9, A2, A3, AJ, AQ, AK still call me.

So what do you think about the call on the flop and the quite small bet river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Preflop: It has nothing to do with the equity how much you need here. :P Cause you practically could make tons of mistake postflop, so therefore it's either we have the implied odds or not and how hero is able to play it postflop. Vs a min-raise we might even want to squeeze instead but neither calling ain't wrong vs am in-raise.

As played
      Postflop: I'd just raise right on the flop and start to build up the pot, you lost most likely a lot value in your hand here. :) Also could raise bigger turn & bet bigger the river.

Best Regards.