This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 At

• EinsteinFranck
      EinsteinFranck
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.11
      BU:
      $2.26
      SB:
      $2.83
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $1.07
      MP2:
      $1.22
      MP3:
      $0.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.04, BU folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.12) 3, T, A (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.24) 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, SB calls $0.16.

River: ($0.64) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $1.2.

Here is my analyze:

preflop
      I need only 16% off equity to call. Even against 88+, AJ+, my equity to be ahead on the flop is 18% following equilator. So I call, knowing it could become a close hand.

flop
      Well, I flop almost the nuts. Against the mindonk, I hesitate to raise or not. I call hoping for a raise from the initial raiser. I also hope to take the cbet turn from the donker and the call of the initial raiser.
      I wonder after if raising from the flop would optimise value against AJ-AK.

turn
      Now some draws are possible. I raise to protect/take value from draws. I basically only fear 33, 99 that still can be in Villain's range.

river
      Villain checks on a blank. I decide to value bet around half pot. I want to make money from A9, AJ+. Maybe also a weird JJ-QQ slowplayed (microlimit).
      I wonder if a stronger bet wouldn't be better. Something around 2/3 or 3/4. A9, A2, A3, AJ, AQ, AK still call me.

So what do you think about the call on the flop and the quite small bet river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EinsteinFranck,

Preflop: It has nothing to do with the equity how much you need here. :P Cause you practically could make tons of mistake postflop, so therefore it's either we have the implied odds or not and how hero is able to play it postflop. Vs a min-raise we might even want to squeeze instead but neither calling ain't wrong vs am in-raise.

As played
      Postflop: I'd just raise right on the flop and start to build up the pot, you lost most likely a lot value in your hand here. :) Also could raise bigger turn & bet bigger the river.

Best Regards.