Ufonautas is All in

• Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Heeeello, my Pokerstrategy friends.

My name is Martynas. I'm 18y old, and i'm from small poor country Called Lithuania. (Tony G was born here!) hehe.

I don't really like to talk about myself, so in short, i like skateboarding, snowboarding, photography, programming, Computer Games, Technology, Black Metal ( music genre ) , Industrial (music genre) and thats it i guess? Oh, i like to know how stuff works. Whats the logic behind everyday stuff. How it does its job.

Ok, my Poker story.

Everything has started when Zynga introduced Poker in Facebook.
      Everyone of my friends has started playing it, and i was like, Ok, i'm bored, let me try this.
      I didn't knew what i was doing, i was calling almost with every higher card, and i thought it was stupid game.

Until, my father started playing it.
      Live poker at first.
      He started earning additional money, and it was great, He enjoys what he's doing and he earns additional money. Who wouldn't like that?
      Then, he started playing Online poker.
      And thats where my story starts.
      Almost everyday when he played, i was watching him.
      Studying every move, every raise, every fold, and asked him why?
      Later, i started understand basic concept of poker.
      After few days of playing in Zynga poker again, i have logged to my fathers account, just to play little games.

And that day i won ~10 sattelites to higher cash games. And that feeling was great.
      I didn't care that it was just seats, that feeling of winning at poker is absolutely amazing.

That feeling when you Bluff till the end, and your opponent folds at last card is just awesome.

So, i have registered here to get starting capital.
      And, i made a mistake by choosing William Hill poker room.

It just dont feels right playing there. It's uncomfortable. And you know, you can't win without feeling comfortable in your seat.

I Still have remaining 30 or 20 usd to come, so if anyone knows, how to cancel or change starting capitals room, please tell me. Because i just don't want to play in WH.

So, tomorrow, i will deposit 20$ USD to Titan poker and i will start my journey to the World Of Poker.

I will post graphs of each session with best and worst hands played everyday.

Thanks for reading!

OOh, almost forgot, I Play alot of cards. ALOT. From every posittion. I'm Gambler in poker terms. How to restrict yourself from playing Kinda shitty cards?

Forgot to mention too, I play NL Cash games.
  • 25 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      GL at the tables :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hello Martynas and welcome to the community. :)

Ok so I think you need to click the link at the bottom of this post, it leads you to the information about the NL Beginners Course. It's run by our briliant coaches and it's free to join...yep, free. You can watch the coach play live and ask all sorts of questions about strategy etc.

They will teach you which cards are playable from which position on the table and how to play against different kinds of opponents.

If you register at Titan through PokerStrategy you can be tracked there as well as at William Hill.

If you need anything else just ask.

Regards,

Mal.
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Hello, yup, our country is kinda poor.

Anyway, Titan poker is the same as William Hill. Same player pool, same skin. I don't understand how you will feel more confortable on titan than william hill.

Anyway, good luck :f_biggrin: I will add your thread to favourites.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yeah, titan is same netwrok, same goes for bet365, betfred, mansion and poker 770, so if you don't feel comfy on willhill, same will apply for these sites.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Anyway, Titan poker is the same as William Hill. Same player pool, same skin. I don't understand how you will feel more confortable on titan than william hill.
      Titan poker has better VIP, more bonuses/promos then WH. Other than that is the same(like other say). Just do not deposit own money on poker770, but you can take free 7.70 $ through pokerstrategy on this site and give a shot. It will cost nothing anyway
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for replies!

zumpar , Thanks! Good luck on yours too!
      gadget51 , Whoah! Thats great, will check it out later, now i still have lots of stuff to read on Bronze / Silver sections :)
      TheMoment, NightFrostaSS, Yeah it's the same network, but i don't know, i like table colors of it, it makes me relaxed for some strange reason. Heh. And as Vygantas82 told, it has better VIP system, and their support is great. They'll give you free bonuses if you ask :)

So, Todays session is not very special, but still had a lot of fun !

:club: -STATISTICS- :club:
      Starting Bankroll: [ 20 $ ]
      Current Bankroll: [ ~25$ ]
      Profit: [ ~5$ ]

Had some bad beats, when i have lost 8$ because he hit higher straight with last card,i guess i had to be more aggresive on turn.

But as i have said earlier had a fun session.
      By the way, been playing on NL10, NL20.

Weaknesses:
      Putting too much money on "draw luck". ( Pot odds > draw odds )
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      so, are you playing NL10 and NL20 with 20$ bankroll?
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheMoment
      so, are you playing NL10 and NL20 with 20$ bankroll?
      This is a valid question..
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Yes. I know, it's against all Bankroll Management rules, but nl2, nl4 just doesn't seem right. They just don't care about the money there, and call you with nothing. :f_mad:

I found that NL5 is pretty great, so i think i'll stick here. And reach bankroll required for NL5, and later NL10. To play safe. :s_grin:

I will post later how everything goes at NL5.

Now, calculations. I guess i need 50 buy ins, right?

Buy in for NL5 is 3USD as i remember.
      So, for 50 buy ins i need 150$? Ok, thats my mission now. 150$ and to improve my game ofc.

Now, something from real life:
      Passed my driving theory test.
      30/30 answered correctly. 100%. :s_cool:

Heh.
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      There is a big chance that the best player in the world would go broke on NL5 with 25$ bankroll. It may be only variance.

By the way you post, I think you bluff too much as for micros. You should valuebet really much on micros and bluff really rare.

Just saying.
    • kalychko
      kalychko
      Bronze
      Good luck with your hard challenge man, playing these levels with this bankroll is kinda risky, but I hope u have a good upswing and make ur bankroll comfortable for the limit :)
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Haven't been playing a lot today, so nothing new,
      been watching my father play tho, and i have a question.

Is it bad to play Very tight?
      You know, after some time people will figure out your play style, and simply fold to your raises. Ok, it has some pluses, you can easily steal blinds with crap hands, but how that affects your Fun / Money ratio in the long run?
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Buy in for NL5 is 3USD as i remember.

If you play according to Big Stack Strategy its 5 USD (100 Big Blinds x 0.05 ct)

Now, calculations. I guess i need 50 buy ins, right? Buy in for NL5 is 3USD as i remember. So, for 50 buy ins i need 150$? Ok, thats my mission now. 150$ and to improve my game ofc.

20-25 buy ins for limit you play. for nl2 25 buyins and for nl5 25 buyins so 2 * 25 + 5 * 25 = 50 + 125 = 175. So if you loose 25 buyins on nl5 you can safely move back to nl2 with 25 buyins

Is it bad to play Very tight?

You should play according to the strategy you have choose, oponents at the table and the situation. There are situations where you can rise 72o and there are situations where you should fold your pocket aces preflop (probably in cash there are no, but in s & g's is:)

You know, after some time people will figure out your play style, and simply fold to your raises.

Well at nl5 not many people are capable ajust to players and exploit them. Most of them plays according to the charts like you or are fish or donks that just plays hands they like, wants to see flop, turn, river. So yeah i agree some people may notice you are tight player but that's where table selection comes into play. At nl5 you can find tables with 2-3 fish at least which dont care how you play. Also even thought many of them plays tight PREFLOP most of them are horrible POSTFLOP - overplays hands, misses lots of value with strong hands etc.

Ok, it has some pluses, you can easily steal blinds with crap hands, but how that affects your Fun / Money ratio in the long run?

What can be more easy and profitable then stealing blinds with no resistance? :) I agree it is boring but at the same time it is very profitable

OK gl at the tables. i wrote that in 3 AM i hope did not make too much mistakes :)
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Hand of the week i guess?
      On my fathers PStars account, NL25

Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1865196
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $25.00 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 9
      BB: $29.77 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 13, AF: 0,0, Hands: 48
      Hero (UTG): $9.41 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 29, 3B: 14, AF: 2,8, Hands: 4114
      MP: $27.27 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 6, AF: 2,0, Hands: 44
      CO: $30.77 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 9, 3B: 13, AF: 1,0, Hands: 47
      BTN: $14.65 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with 5:diamond: 5:club:
      Hero calls $0.25, MP raises to $1, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35) 5:heart: K:spade: 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.35) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $7.00, Hero calls $6.91 all in

River: ($19.17) K:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

He had Aces by the way.
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Nice hand, it's allways fun to get quads.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      You really need to study the game a lot.
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinsas

maybe he just plays for the fun
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sinsas
      Thats why i am here. To Learn, to improve my game.
    • Ufonautas
      Ufonautas
      Bronze
      Sorry for double post, but you know, Trying to quit bluffing works pretty well. although it's on Pokerstars.

Played by starting hand chart.