DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $2.10 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 13, 3B: 8, AF: 2,0, Hands: 63
      SB: $1.39 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 16, 3B: 17, AF: 4,0, Hands: 25
      BB: $1.54 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 26, 3B: 8, AF: 1,6, Hands: 194
      Hero (UTG): $2.02 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 5, AF: 2,3, Hands: 2838
      CO: $2.43 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 7, 3B: 11, AF: 3,0, Hands: 46

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A :club: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.08, 1 fold, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) 8 :heart: 2 :club: 4 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero?

What could call a value bet here? Or it's better to bet here, then to bet the turn? I dunno
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Doesn't really matter, we still need to protect and bet for value. Why are you worried about what hands call you there? It's NL2 and a lot bad players around who float you maybe even with K high.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Doesn't really matter, we still need to protect and bet for value. Why are you worried about what hands call you there? It's NL2 and a lot bad players around who float you maybe even with K high.

Best Regards.
      So, we expect villain to fold most of the times, but it's still better to bet then check behind, right?
      With AK you'd say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet, because villain is going t o fold most of the times.
      With AA, that is my main problem: he is going to fold most of the times. Why not let him catch up a bit, and get value then? If you say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet with AK, you also say that we barely can get any worse hands to call with an AA valuebet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      So, we expect villain to fold most of the times, but it's still better to bet then check behind, right?
      With AK you'd say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet, because villain is going t o fold most of the times.
      With AA, that is my main problem: he is going to fold most of the times. Why not let him catch up a bit, and get value then? If you say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet with AK, you also say that we barely can get any worse hands to call with an AA valuebet.
      They just have tons of worse hands as PPs which are happy to call vs you. :) And they may pay easily even 3streets, so Bet/Bet/Bet. I'd say there is no way you would ever see me Checking behind here.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What do you think about this sentence Veriz?
      If you say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet with AK, you also say (without words) that we can barely get any worse hands to call with an AA valuebet. It's kind of inconsistent to say that a board is good for a bluff CBet and a value bet also. Its like saying someone is a GIRL and a BOY at the same time, it's not possible.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What do you think about this sentence Veriz?
      If you say that this is a perfect board for a Cbet with AK, you also say (without words) that we can barely get any worse hands to call with an AA valuebet. It's kind of inconsistent to say that a board is good for a bluff CBet and a value bet also. Its like saying someone is a GIRL and a BOY at the same time, it's not possible.
      What are you talking about? You see that we have AA here, why are you talking even about AK. :D
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      If we had AK, you would all say, that Cbet-bluff.
      If we have AA, you all say: Cbet for value.

How can a board be perfect for a value bet and a bluff at the same time? (= How can one person be a boy and a girl at the same time?)
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      This board isn't even perfect for a cbet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If we had AK, you would all say, that Cbet-bluff.
      If we have AA, you all say: Cbet for value.

How can a board be perfect for a value bet and a bluff at the same time? (= How can one person be a boy and a girl at the same time?)
      Are you understanding even your own question? How can't a board be perfect for a value bet and a bluff same time? Please explain me why not?

And who said I'd CB the flop even with AK? Don't make random assumptions. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      My last 2 questions:
      Would you Cbet this also on the higher stakes where you play, Veriz?

If not, would you EVER consider checking this behind?

(Sorry for the long discussion, I just really want to understand the reasons behind the actions.)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My last 2 questions:
      Would you Cbet this also on the higher stakes where you play, Veriz?

If not, would you EVER consider checking this behind?

(Sorry for the long discussion, I just really want to understand the reasons behind the actions.)
      Don't really see any reason why I wouldn't CB it. :D Doesn't really matter what limit. :P Super-easy value-bet.