Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1862008
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $8.05 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 4,4, Hands: 91
      Hero (BTN): $10.59 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 51970
      SB: $10.68 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 1,7, Hands: 184
      BB: $4.00 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 75
      UTG: $5.35 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 3, AF: 6,7, Hands: 163
      MP: $16.37 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 8, PFRfromUTG: 15(13), PFRfromMP: 5(21), CbetFlop: 50(6), 3B: 5, AF: 0,8, Hands: 119

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with K :club: Q :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 8 :club: 3 :diamond: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.95) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $1.05, MP folds

At the time of play I got a bit confused because usually you don't see such weird tight players.

Preflop:
      So, the sample size is too small for any assumptions but it looks like villain is very very tight when it comes to openraising. Against his range I am behind so the only reasons for calling with this hand preflop is to either get into a multiway pot and get paid off or to outplay the opponent. A multiway pot is a possibility since the BB seems loose-passive but then again he is rather short. That means that I will have to outplay this opponent postflop. Am I capable of that?

Postflop:
      Probably not the best choice. I suppose that I have to be playing back on such boards if I call with this hand but floating is likely not that great an option because I create no fold equity and often he just bets again on the turn. I don't even dominate a big part of his range. Instead it is likely that I will be dominated. I should have just raised I would guess.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Calling preflop of course is fine, although I don't really understand your floating there. What's the purpose there? You don't even know how often he 2nd barrels and of course we don't have implied odds to call if we hit for example FD.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I don't really understand your floating there.

Neither do I! :) But I guess I had to make that mistake in order to be more disciplined next time. However, I would be very inclined to raise the flop with our backdoor equity. Would you not mind such play? I am bit worried about villains tightness.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I don't really understand your floating there.

Neither do I! :) But I guess I had to make that mistake in order to be more disciplined next time. However, I would be very inclined to raise the flop with our backdoor equity. Would you not mind such play? I am bit worried about villains tightness.
      He is super nitty + he doesn't CB that much. ;) Take that also into consideration and which may make our hand rather not have tons of fold equity.
      Bronze
      He is super nitty + he doesn't CB that much. Take that also into consideration and which may make our hand rather not have tons of fold equity.

Does it basically mean that we are basically calling preflop because we expect to get paid off when we hit big, i.e, this is not really the opponent that we can be playing back against?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He is super nitty + he doesn't CB that much. Take that also into consideration and which may make our hand rather not have tons of fold equity.

Does it basically mean that we are basically calling preflop because we expect to get paid off when we hit big, i.e, this is not really the opponent that we can be playing back against?
      This means practically that we are exploiting his CB frequency? :)
      Bronze
      Oh, we can expect him to check/fold on a lot of flops? The sample is maybe a bit too small.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh, we can expect him to check/fold on a lot of flops? The sample is maybe a bit too small.
      Depends of course on boards, such boards could be even such a guy to CB. So we have to pay attention how he plays. :) But of course raising > floating.