[NL2-NL10] NL10: KQ 3Bet

Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1862060
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $10.15 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,6, Hands: 51970
      UTG: $9.99 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 42
      MP: $22.52 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 6,0, Hands: 30
      CO: $9.85 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 5, AF: 1,0, Hands: 79
      BTN: $13.83 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, StealFromBTN: 47, FoldTo3B: 50(4), 3B: 11, AF: 2,9, Hands: 296
      SB: $7.48 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 21

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :spade: Q :heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.07, BTN calls $0.82

Flop: ($2.19) 3 :diamond: 2 :club: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.23, BTN calls $1.23

Turn: ($4.65) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($4.65) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.22, Hero folds

I think this should be fine. I am 3Betting for value.
  • 4 replies
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      By no means judgeing, meerly discussing.

IMO I dont really see an argument for 3betting. Although the FoldTo3B stat in this scenario is far from solid we can assume we fold out the majority of his hands that are weaker than our own and get called by too many hands that we have poor equity against.

We are however doing very well against his 47% steal range and flat calling might allow us to extract value from weaker Kx and Qx hands.
      Folding I think is also preferable to 3betting player with his F23b stat.

As played: I think your 3bet is $0.2 too big and the little over half pot Cbet also looks weak. That said I would also Cbet this board.

MD
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting?

As played
      Postflop: Well, what about fold to CB? We can't really discuss much about it if not even knowing the most important stat postflop. He maybe is just float-happy and then you wasting tons of money by CB & done here.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Preflop: What's the reason for 3betting?

I was 3Betting for value, thinking that villain can still often call with weaker suited broadways or sometimes even SCs, but I suppose that I really lack such information and just because there are some guys that are calling 3Bets loose enough for such a 3Bet to be good, it does not mean that all are. So yeah, should have been a Cold Call preflop.

Postflop: Well, what about fold to CB? We can't really discuss much about it if not even knowing the most important stat postflop. He maybe is just float-happy and then you wasting tons of money by CB & done here.

WTS: 27, FoldToCBFlop: 43(7), FoldToCbet3BetFlop: 0(1)

If villain seems to be calling cBets often in regular pots we can assume that such tendency may repeat itself in 3Bet pots as well, right? Thus a Cbet here would indeed not be all that great.

One question though: until now I was under the impression that in 3B pots semi-dry A high flops are great to cBet just as they are in regular pots, but I suppose now, that it is not really the case. Is the reason for that the fact that there usually are quite a lot of Ax hands in opponents' 3Bet calling range?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If villain seems to be calling cBets often in regular pots we can assume that such tendency may repeat itself in 3Bet pots as well, right? Thus a Cbet here would indeed not be all that great.

If he calls a lot in regular pots then it's very likely that he can call you down in 3bet pots even looser.

One question though: until now I was under the impression that in 3B pots semi-dry A high flops are great to cBet just as they are in regular pots, but I suppose now, that it is not really the case. Is the reason for that the fact that there usually are quite a lot of Ax hands in opponents' 3Bet calling range?

Correct and also such guys exploit you cause as we have been speaking about your DB in the coaching that you have the leak of CBetting only flop & Check/Folding the turn.