I'm having a downswing

• Nitrub
      Nitrub
      Bronze
      I managed to build my bankroll over 250$ by playing NL4 @ PartyPoker.

Today I wanted to try something else. I had taken some shots at NL10, which actually seemed to be too tight to earn some money.

So I made my mistake number 1: I went to NL25 (bought in with 10$) 6-handed.
      The beginning was lovely, managed to earn 30$. There seemed to be SO MANY donks and free money that I simply couldn't stop playing, until THAT happened.

I lost 6 buyins.

2 outers sucked me out on the river. A7 decided to go allin against my pocket tens on 286r board (ace on the river obv.). My AK (with K on the flop) was not good against JJ (got a str8). AA (me) vs KK - I lose. And my flopped set with fives WAS CALLED DOWN BY 39s, (runner-runner flush). Q9s beat my kings and so on. The list is big. Totally unbelievable.

-----------------

So, I managed to stop tilting and stop playing there (for now). I've only played FR so far, but the DONKS who are playing there are simply begging to play out there. So since now I will start playing and learning shorthanded game.

Question is: where to begin from (which bok is good and so on...)
  • 5 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Nitrub

I am sorry for you. But you should always follow the bankroll management. You should not play limits where you can't afford to loose some stacks. I don't suggest to play short-handed, because you don't have the bankroll or the experience for doing so. Try to be patient and and stick to the strategy. You should play NL4 again if you ask me.
      In order to take even better advantage of our offerings I would recommend actively posting in our hand analysis boards: No-Limit

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Nitrub
      Nitrub
      Bronze
      I guess you are right, will start again at NL4.

But still, any good book you would suggest to read?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      In my opinion you don't need any book. I would start with reading this article: Professional Attitude
      After that I would read all available articles in the NL section.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Nitrub
      Nitrub
      Bronze
      TribunCaesar, would you allow me to know when/how you started your poker career? As I can see you registered in 2007 (not played before?)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi again,

sorry for answering that late. I started in march/may of 2007. First I did not take advantage of all the offers and ended up donking around....winning money and losing money. After starting to play seriously on NL $10 FR, posting hands and visiting coachings etc. I climbed up the limits pretty fast. It had a huge impact on my game.

Greetings,
      TribunCaesar