Brm question

• Emilgin
      Emilgin
      Bronze
      I'm currently reading a great book by Ed Miller about NL 200 SH and in the brm section they talk about having preferably a 100 BB brm, quite the difference when you compare it what the PS article is saying. I guess this also comes down to what kind of limits and style you are playing.

I'm currently playing nl25 so a 100 buy ins might be a bit of overkill however is there any more great articles regarding brm you guys can point me to and of course it would be fun to hear what kind of brm and limits you guys have.

Regards

Emil
  • 2 replies
    • DrKillByDeath187
      DrKillByDeath187
      Bronze
      Personally I used 25bi for NL25 and took shots at NL50 with 30bi but later revised to 45bi with a 5bi cutoff because it took me a few tries to get momentum. At NL100 I had 50buyins... This was about 3-4 years ago so maybe things have changed a lot

The whole point of being over rolled for limits is for your own piece of mind. Yes it is to handle the variance too but some people can handle being a little short if it doesn't affect their A game. As I moved up in stakes I knew my skills were not at par with the regulars there so I would constantly be increasing my BI required as things became swingyer
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      There's a difference between BRM used for moving up the limits and BRM used for playing a limit. You can easily use 15-20BI brm to move out of the micro's, but you can't play nl200SH with less then 100BI's.

Main difference is that when moving up your taking shots and moving back down, if your planning to be a nl200 reg you need 100BI's or you will be nl50 reg after 2 bad sessions and be moving down a lot. A downswing on nl200SH can get as bad as losing 50BI so you really can't use a 25bi brm, especially if playing for a living.