Stacks:
      UTG ($27.32) 109bb
      UTG+1 ($52.62) 210bb
      CO ($26.12) 104bb
      Hero (BTN) ($31.48) 126bb
      SB ($25) 100bb
      BB ($27.62) 110bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is BTN Q:spade: K:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.75, UTG+1 calls $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, BB raises to $3.50, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

Flop: A:heart: K:heart: Q:diamond: ($11.35, 3 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $8.13, Hero folds

(8.7k hands)
      UTG - 23/14 3bet: 4.3
      Fold to 3bet: 17%
      Call 3bet: 73%
      Raise 3bet: 9.7%
      Donk/call 80% (10 hands)
      Donk/fold 20% (10 hands)

(550 hands)
      BB = 34/11 3bet: 2.4
      Check/Fold 100% as PFR (1 hand)

Am I right to call preflop as I should be ahead of UTGs range (he opens at 16% from that posit, so not much ahead I guess, but probably way above his skill level and with position + we're deep)

Postflop, too nitty of a fold? He deffo has AQ, AK and TJ in his range, no doubt.

I think I played correct, but it's hard to say for sure.
  • 3 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      my view is that you did not played the hand correct...

BB 3bets and utg calls which means you are way behind and propably if not sure dominated ! even if you hit the flop like you did you have no idea where you stand in the hand even in position! you are only hoping for a dream flop which will not come that often

as played i think you cant call here cause you are most of the times vs better 2 pairs sets etc
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      I agree with w4terman.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello axelphoney,

Preflop: Rather fold those hands, especially having the problem with domination. Also what we could take a look is on the flop the pot size. You rarely will have decent implied odds there if you hit your FD or SD nor of course you never know where you stand if you hit your pair. Therefore instead I'd just leave it alone here and keep mainly PPs in my range here instead those dominated hands.

As played
      Postflop: I don't understand the stat of Call 3bet: 73%? Is that true even? Which means he calls any 3bet practically? That could make his range very wide here and included even just Ax hands. I would practically take few steps here:

1) Take a look at his Call Open range -> Which will tell us his flatting range there, including KK/AA here and so towards maybe only QQ (if he has tight call opening range from his position.

2) Or another possibility he has a wide range, which maybe includes a lot of Ax hands and not only suited ones, maybe even AJo. Which would give us at least decent equity to Call once and reevaluate the turn. The wider his calling range is the wider we are able to call him.

Although most likely without having any information on that it's difficult to continue here cause the Bet size is also pretty huge, instead just fold it and leave it for him. There are a lot of hands which have us hardly beat.

Best Regards.