A2 suited

• bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      Hey there guys, I tried searching, but nothing came up.

What is the general power of A2 suited? Is it a hand to limp, or to always fold pre-flop? It's kind of like a good/bad suited connector, so when it shows up I'm not too sure what to do with it.

Cheers
  • 6 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      SH, FR, Tourny?

In FR it can be limped, if a couple of people have limped in front of you. You can raise it 1st in, in late position. Fold to a raise. fold in early. Never limp it 1st in the pot.
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      FR = Freeroll?
    • bakoy
      bakoy
      Bronze
      And yeah, I was thinking more of the late stages of a tournament, where you have to think carefully before limping
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      FR= Full ring
      Canell is referring to cash games.
      In tournament late stages, if you are in the push-or-fold mode, push with it only if your stack is critical. Never limp it. You can limp it early stages, and hope for a str/flush, but its important to know how to lay it down if you hit your ace. That applies for all weak suited aces
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      IMO in the late stages of a tournament it depends on a few factors. Amount of villains, blinds, stack size, other peoples stack size, when the button is, table image, other peoples image. Its not very straight forward, one thing for sure is you should never limp in 1st. You can get lots of info about people on the bubble, and if you are limping hands like A2s, these villains will be pretty damn happy.

Although what do I know i'm a cash player at heart.
    • Deflowerer
      Deflowerer
      Bronze
      Limp till 3x blind,that's my preflop game on c-game
      tourney- if I'm not on blinds I fold.Sometimes,lol

Never really bothered to look for the odds,they really look nice together :D