Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey veriz,

Villains:
      UTG 57/36/40h fish
      CO 20/15/100h decend player

PF is std for me with this hand

Flop std CB also while having position.

Should we barrel this turn? I didn't wanna face a ch/r from a set and maybe he even calls another barrel with Tx JJ?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1863879
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $34.98
      BB: $109.43
      UTG: $38.76
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $35.40
      Hero (BTN): $28.90

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :club: K :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.50, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, CO calls $2

Flop: ($5.85) T :heart: 6 :club: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $3.35, CO calls $3.35

Turn: ($12.55) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($12.55) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks
  • 8 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Yea I would ch/behind too I think on this board.
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      anything wrong with the post?
      information given r utg and mp
      but its co who u were playing with
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      This board is the perfect spot to plan 3barrells.

CO range will be mostly PPs or weak TPs like T9s that will peel this flop and fold on later streets.

We get a great card OTT so you have to fire again here. As you say if CO is decent then id expect him to recognize this is a good DBL card which is also great, its more money for us when he calls and folds the river so Im quite happy if he calls the turn too.

These boards are great for DBL/TBL if we get good turn cards. In spots like this you actually want villian to call on the flop because we know his range is weak and its more money in the pot for us before he eventually folds.

I would shutdown on any card 9 or lower at NL25, higher up I would fire these cards because they often given villian more reason to call (he will now often have pair + weak draw) but will fold river unimproved.

Im this spot plan to Fire the turn on any BW card and fire again OTR.

If your not willing to fire at least two on these boards (esp on this card) then dont even cbet the flop, Id expect a fold here to 1 barrell almost never.

It would be helpful if you posted more stats on villian, eg.

3bet BUvCU
      Fold to Flop Cbet
      Fold to Turn Cbet
      Fold to River Cbet
      Raise flop Cbet
      WTSD%
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yeah I also think its a good spot to triple barrel. On the turn you picked up more equity so it should be a standard turn C-Bet. If he called the flop with Tx, 77-99, he can have a hard time continuing.

Even of he does call the turn with Tx or a FD then he should give up to a river bet. Same goes for other hands he might have called the flop with.

I don't think you should be scared of him having sets, if he is calling 3bets with low-medium pocket pairs and he calls the flop with them then he will have to give up by the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

There ain't ton of sets in his range, maybe just 40-50% of 66 and full % on the TT. Although there are also worse hands in his calling range so which would mean that we have decent fold equity on the turn, I rarely doubt that you getting raised there that often. Meanwhile you have a lot fold equity + in case even get called have decent equity as maybe even both overcards + of course SD.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      And do you plan to 3th barrel?
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Yes, if you bet around 6.25 OTT you have around $16.45 left to shove into the roughly $25 pot.

Bare in mind though that this works because you have slightly more than 100bbs, if you were 100bbs deep your huge (too big) 3bet size really messes up your ability to 3 fire barrells.

Give his MR open an 8/9bb 3bet is more than sufficient here. 3betting to 11bbs really doesnt achieve anything more than 8/9bbs but the smaller 3bet allows you more room post flop

If this utg guy turns out to be a huge whale then you should keep increasing your 3bet size by 1bb each hand to find out his threshold of folding and calling then tailor your 3bet size in the future accordingly dependant on what you want him to do - Call/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Assuming that we have enough of fold equity then yes, we could consider doing that. :) Which again is the question of our image, what dynamics we had and if the guy was tilting etc.