[NL2-NL10] AJ against many players - high flop

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      I think that this hand is just played wrong. Totally.

Normally I think that I should give up the flop. I I was on position against everybody...maybe. But like this I don´t like my bet on the flop. I guess that I bet because he donks just 10cents and I didn´t wanted to fold that. But...when I´m looking at it it just doesn´t makes sense to me now.

As played - the turn check is wrong again I think because I´m against just one player in position so I could bet/fold.

On the river as played I don´t think that there is anything else I can do but fold. I think he can often donk call with King and also the backdoor flush came.

What do you suggest Gerv? Please don´t facepalm yourself to death.... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $4.08
      MP+1: $12.85
      CO: $5.00 17/4 after 25 hands
      BTN: $8.32
      SB: $12.50
      BB: $3.86 25/21 after 24 hands
      UTG: $7.11
      UTG+1: $6.38 74/22 after 23 hands.
      Hero (UTG+2): $2.12

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has J:heart: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, fold, CO calls $0.25, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.02, 4 players) Q:diamond: K:spade: A:heart:
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.22, 2 players) 6:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.22, 2 players) K:heart:
      UTG+1 bets $1.10, fold

UTG+1 wins $2.13
  • 5 replies
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      The only difference I would do is shove the turn. The pot is twice the size of your remaining stack, just ship it in ;) .
      I think you are sooo far ahead after he limp/calls then calls the flop. Especially being such a fish, I imagine he'd check raise a monster, or at least re-raise on the flop.

Gl.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 3prswins
      The only difference I would do is shove the turn. The pot is twice the size of your remaining stack, just ship it in ;) .
      I think you are sooo far ahead after he limp/calls then calls the flop. Especially being such a fish, I imagine he'd check raise a monster, or at least re-raise on the flop.

Gl.
      +1, why are you checking behind the turn? Easy shove, he's calling you with so much worse and the boards so wet, you have to shove here
    • AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      I think what you guys are saying makes sense...I´m against just one guy on the turn and I´m blocking one J anyway... hmm....never thought about that.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      The way you gotta look at it buddy is, he limped utg +1 so he's probably not great and doesn't have much of a hand either, he then dongles 1/ 10 of the pot then just called your raise, he could have a Kx, Ax, a GS, if he has you beat ( which is very unlucky as the only hand that might play how he did pre flop that Beats you is KQ, because he would raise AK,AQ, QQ+ that ht 2 pairs or sets) so your ahead

OTT, there even more draws and you ve got half the pot left, he's never fold Ax, he might not fold Kx, he might even call off a draw, you jut gotta think of what range he has
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey :)

I would shove the Turn as well versus a 74/22 player who can have any Ace , KT,KJ,QJ for example so your equity is well above 50% for sure. You also block JT so that is another argument for shoving the Turn

I think you make a nitty fold on the River but if you are confused on what the best line is, I think it is the best line since you can analyze it later & prevent yourself from going on tilt

Best regards,
      Gerv