[NL2-NL10] KQ - OOP from blind

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

I was openraising so that I could hopefuly play with one of the two loose players since the BB was folding his blinds A LOT I was not too concerned about him playing. I decided to give up the flop because it is perfectly drawy and the guy has position and he likes to reraise (Aggression factor 6). Since he checked and I got nice combo draw on the turn I decided to give a stab and see the river. Since nothing came when he called me, I did not wanted to keep bluffing with apparent air an aggresive player so I gave up.

Suggestions? Sizing on the turn? Different flop, preflop play? Should I even try to play such spot? Any feedback welcome.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $7.76
      UTG: $14.75
      UTG+1: $5.93
      MP: $1.86
      MP+1: $2.50 32/7 after 30 hands
      CO: $7.82 25/10 after 65 hands
      BTN: $8.64
      Hero (SB): $2.07

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, CO calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 2:spade: 9:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

River: ($1.50, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows K:spade: Q:diamond: (High Card, King) (Pre 48%, Flop 29%, Turn 36%)
      CO shows 4:heart: 4:spade: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 52%, Flop 71%, Turn 64%)
      CO wins $1.44
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If you are frequently raising these hands out of position, you have to make some moves postflop. Now it is good you gave up on the 5 RIvercard because absolutely nothing changes.

I mostly want to put pressure on people by betting Flop & possible Turn & River. I want to see how loose they are going to call me if I am going to showdown, I have position after all so even if I lose a stack, I can win it back easily by utilizing position

Best regards,
      Gerv