This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQ - OOP from blind

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

I was openraising so that I could hopefuly play with one of the two loose players since the BB was folding his blinds A LOT I was not too concerned about him playing. I decided to give up the flop because it is perfectly drawy and the guy has position and he likes to reraise (Aggression factor 6). Since he checked and I got nice combo draw on the turn I decided to give a stab and see the river. Since nothing came when he called me, I did not wanted to keep bluffing with apparent air an aggresive player so I gave up.

Suggestions? Sizing on the turn? Different flop, preflop play? Should I even try to play such spot? Any feedback welcome.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $7.76
      UTG: $14.75
      UTG+1: $5.93
      MP: $1.86
      MP+1: $2.50 32/7 after 30 hands
      CO: $7.82 25/10 after 65 hands
      BTN: $8.64
      Hero (SB): $2.07

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, CO calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 2:spade: 9:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40

River: ($1.50, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows K:spade: Q:diamond: (High Card, King) (Pre 48%, Flop 29%, Turn 36%)
      CO shows 4:heart: 4:spade: (One Pair, Fours) (Pre 52%, Flop 71%, Turn 64%)
      CO wins $1.44
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If you are frequently raising these hands out of position, you have to make some moves postflop. Now it is good you gave up on the 5 RIvercard because absolutely nothing changes.

I mostly want to put pressure on people by betting Flop & possible Turn & River. I want to see how loose they are going to call me if I am going to showdown, I have position after all so even if I lose a stack, I can win it back easily by utilizing position

Best regards,
      Gerv