This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hi all

• qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      I have just joined site.I have been playing casually for a few years but wanted to take my inconsistent game to the next level.My biggest problem is making poor decisions when my concentration where's thin and I undo all the progress I make.I am looking forward to taking poker seriously and hope to meet some like minded players.cu on the tables
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey qcity007

Welcome to the forums. Many beginner players sturggle with the same problems you have, one huge great session undone by a few hands. Basically when you play more and more and more hands you will start doing things more naturally and you will subconsciously realise why somehting is a mistake.

In our educational videos we have some great videos for beginner poker players. What variant are you playing and I can link you.

You will also be able to join live coaching with our expert team and ask questions "live"

What does qcity stand though then? And are you a James Bond fan? :f_love:
    • handsomeover
      handsomeover
      Basic
      Welcome :D
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Welcome & gl on the tables yo
    • qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      I normally go lately the $15 or $30 sit n gos.But then lose playing the cash games.I moved up too quickly and was playing 1-2 and 2-4 and built bank roll to about 2k then lost a massive hand about 1.2 k after flopping nut flush and other player sucked out runner,runner for full house.After that went on tilt and took out eventually took out $500.I am looking for a good starting point.Any suggestions?QCity is the name of my business and 007 is just cool. =)
    • qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      ty
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qcity007
      I normally go lately the $15 or $30 sit n gos.But then lose playing the cash games.I moved up too quickly and was playing 1-2 and 2-4 and built bank roll to about 2k then lost a massive hand about 1.2 k after flopping nut flush and other player sucked out runner,runner for full house.After that went on tilt and took out eventually took out $500.I am looking for a good starting point.Any suggestions?QCity is the name of my business and 007 is just cool. =)
      i suggest a good starting point would be reading about bankroll management :) for even the $0.25/$0.50 cash games you need a roll of about $2k. if by 1-2 and 2-4 you mean $1/$2 and $2/$4 cash games then this is the reason why you remember losing such a massive hand.

good luck at the tables!
      Lewis.