Hi all

• qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      I have just joined site.I have been playing casually for a few years but wanted to take my inconsistent game to the next level.My biggest problem is making poor decisions when my concentration where's thin and I undo all the progress I make.I am looking forward to taking poker seriously and hope to meet some like minded players.cu on the tables
  • 6 replies
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey qcity007

Welcome to the forums. Many beginner players sturggle with the same problems you have, one huge great session undone by a few hands. Basically when you play more and more and more hands you will start doing things more naturally and you will subconsciously realise why somehting is a mistake.

In our educational videos we have some great videos for beginner poker players. What variant are you playing and I can link you.

You will also be able to join live coaching with our expert team and ask questions "live"

What does qcity stand though then? And are you a James Bond fan? :f_love:
    • handsomeover
      handsomeover
      Basic
      Welcome :D
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Welcome & gl on the tables yo
    • qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      I normally go lately the $15 or $30 sit n gos.But then lose playing the cash games.I moved up too quickly and was playing 1-2 and 2-4 and built bank roll to about 2k then lost a massive hand about 1.2 k after flopping nut flush and other player sucked out runner,runner for full house.After that went on tilt and took out eventually took out $500.I am looking for a good starting point.Any suggestions?QCity is the name of my business and 007 is just cool. =)
    • qcity007
      qcity007
      Bronze
      ty
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qcity007
      I normally go lately the $15 or $30 sit n gos.But then lose playing the cash games.I moved up too quickly and was playing 1-2 and 2-4 and built bank roll to about 2k then lost a massive hand about 1.2 k after flopping nut flush and other player sucked out runner,runner for full house.After that went on tilt and took out eventually took out $500.I am looking for a good starting point.Any suggestions?QCity is the name of my business and 007 is just cool. =)
      i suggest a good starting point would be reading about bankroll management :) for even the $0.25/$0.50 cash games you need a roll of about $2k. if by 1-2 and 2-4 you mean $1/$2 and $2/$4 cash games then this is the reason why you remember losing such a massive hand.

good luck at the tables!
      Lewis.