[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl50 Aa

• Sjors777
      Utg is 41/18 over just 23 hands so I don't think i can draw any conclusion on his stats. He looks fisht tough.
      Sb 27/21 has 7.4% 3bet 2.8 ag 33% donkbet
      Bb 26/22 has 5.6% 3bet.

I thought the utg player would fold allot of hands against my 3bet. If he was a confirmed fish i would 3bet, but now i rather call, in order to keep villain holding on to his weaker hands. Besides i thought one of the blinds could squeeze here easily.

Flop is std imo. I think i'm beat quite often on the t, but i am getting 3.75 on a call, which i think i do have. The sb could be playing this line with a set or 2 pair. I suppose the utg has a strong king. A set he would raise on the t i guess.

On the river clearly neither of the 2 players have a queen. I could check behind, but i think i am beat by the sb's hand. He can't bluffcatch with a hand like 89 here so i think i can put him of off some hands in his range. I suppose neither can't call without a queen?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      MP2 posts deadblind, MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($5) 8, K, 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $3.00, MP2 calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Turn: ($14) T (3 players)
      SB bets $8.00, MP2 calls $8.00, Hero calls $8.00.

River: ($38) J (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, [COLOR=red]Hero bets $18.00
  • 3 replies
    • Farmarchist

I see no reason to call with the nuts... So you have no valuerange? Just 3B and don't give other players good odds.

Flop is std indeed but already on the turn I don't see us being ahead that often. Both options are valid here I guess. Personally I would have folded cause I can't really imagine them both checking a blank river...

I actually like to change our hand into a bluff if we call the turn. We are almost never good and they don't have a Q all that often. But you have to fix your sizing, they will crycall now. Bet 2/3th pot

• Sjors777
      I do agree with your first point, just because now i see the guy posted a deadblind, which cleary confirms he is a fish. I didn't saw that when i played the hand, nor while i was reviewing.

I think the t is a call, since we get 8:38 pot odds, which means we need about 20% equity. We have position, so we are able to make a move on the r and besides we still have a pretty good hand with some showdown value.
    • veriz
      Hello Sjors777,

Preflop: There ain't even any squeeze-happy or 3bet happy guys behind you, so no point to flat it and give others behind you good odds. Easy and simple rule, 3bet it. :D

As played
      Flop: Which now even happens, we can't raise for value, we don't know where we stand and nor we don't know what to do on the turn. But of course calling is standard here cause not many worse pay you.
      Turn: Just fold it, especially being even in a multiway pot, we don't have that much beat whilst we are against 2 opponents, a lot of 2pair combos and even straights possible. And talking about pot odds whilst you could be already dead? :) Definitely not, reversed odds.

As played
      River: Well yeah, assuming that they ain't calling you down with sets/2pairs we have to turn our hand into bluff. Doubt that we are going to be behind either here, although I would still Bet it bigger like $20. Any Qx most likely would have bet itself.

Best Regards.